Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
NEW! Tourist Visa needed to enter Israel from August

Brit in Israel  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:12 am
This Should be passed around to family and friends.
From August 2024 all visitors to Israel will need a visa before starting their trip. It will last for 2 yrs

All the information is on the attached image.
https://I.imgur.com/GpmDfsq.jpeg

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:13 am
We should probably bump this later for other time zones

Elfrida  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:44 am
I imagine the information will also be publicised on the websites of the various airlines whenever people book tickets.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:51 am
Hopefully they will utilize this to keep out antisemetic agitators. I know I'm dreaming. Maybe if Ben Gvir gets Ministey of Tourist Affairs though.

If it falls into Leftist hands they will allow Al Jazeera back in, and keep out the pro-Israel Christians who want to volunteer on Jewish farms.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 2:03 pm
I was just sent this...

Starting from August 2024, visitors from visa-exempt countries are required to obtain an ETA-IL (Electronic Travel Authorization) to enter the State of Israel. A holder of an ETA-IL is permitted to travel to Israel and stay for up to 90 days per visit.

The ETA-IL will be valid for a two-year period, for multiple trips of 90 days or less within that period. If any single visit will be for more than 90 days, a request for an extension of that stay must be submitted.

All visitors to Israel must have a valid visa or ETA-IL approval before they start their trip. The application for the ETA-IL may be submitted any time prior to travel, but it is recommended that it be submitted at least 72 hours before making any other travel arrangements (tickets, lodging, etc.).

The ETA-IL may be obtained through a simple and fast online application HERE. The application will first inform the applicant whether they are eligible for an ETA-IL, based on their country of origin. There are then a few basic questions to answer, and a fee of 25 NIS is charged. A response will be received within 24-72 hours, and sometimes within a few minutes.

The ETA-IL system will open for applications starting June 1, 2024, as a pilot program for holders of American and German passports only. During this pilot phase, submission of an application will be voluntary and exempt from fees. The system will be open to holders of other passports from July 1st, 2024.

amother
Mocha  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 3:17 pm
First problem.

In the past, I've had 2 hours notice to buy a ticket and catch a flight for a levaya....how will the 72-hour thing work for anyone in that sitch? (lo aleinu)

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 3:20 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
First problem.

In the past, I've had 2 hours notice to buy a ticket and catch a flight for a levaya....how will the 72-hour thing work for anyone in that sitch? (lo aleinu)

Make sure you always have a valid one?

Elfrida  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 5:08 pm
Once you've got one, it's valid for two years, so itcshouldnt be too hard to maintain a valid one.

I'm sure that once the system is up and running they'll have an expedited option for emergencies.

amother
  Mocha  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 9:32 am
amother Ebony wrote:
Make sure you always have a valid one?

So, from the website, it looks as though you can't apply unless you have a date of travel!

amother
  Mocha

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 9:34 am
Elfrida wrote:

I'm sure that once the system is up and running they'll have an expedited option for emergencies.

I certainly hope so.

amother
White

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 9:47 am
My family is flying Aug 1. When should we apply?

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 11:17 am
amother White wrote:
My family is flying Aug 1. When should we apply?

If you have an American (or German) passport, you can apply any time from next Sunday.

If you live anywhere else, you need to wait until July.

The first few days will probably be chaos. I'd recommend waiting a week or so, for them to get rid of some of the bugs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics