Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you pay for daycamp meals or send in your own? Toddler

Would you pay for the camp meals of bring homemade?
Bring homemade  
 11%  [ 4 ]
Camp meals  
 88%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 36

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:15 am
Dd age 3 camp director told me that it's $300 for the summer for breakfast snacks and lunch. Even though dd eats breakfast in the house, I would still need to send something in since she can't be the only one there not eating.
Whats worth it in your opinion? The bother of meal prep or paying for the food? Also what happens if they're handing out their snack and lunch and dd sees it and wants what they are giving out? Then she'll feel bad that she's not getting it.
It's a vouchers camp so all I'd be paying for is the meals.

Also looking for ideas if I do homemade for things to send in.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:16 am
Is your child likely to eat whatever food they're serving?

Also, do most kids bring their own or eat the day camp food?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:18 am
My kids eat better with the rest of the class. Id pay for it,also saves you time, less of a hassle.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:18 am
I’d do it myself to save the $.
But you can always ask how many kids usually sign up for the meal option and also if you can sign up at the end of the first week if it seems like your kid wants what everyone else is getting.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:21 am
$300 does not seem expensive to me. I know what I have paid on the past. I know nothing of how picky or food social your child is, what your time constraints look like, or how much it would actually cost you in food and containers to send food.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:22 am
The majority pay for the meals but there are a few that don't. The ones that bring homemade sit on a different table. She is picky but maybe it will broaden her tastebuds if there is no other food available for her

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:24 am
My kids are social eaters and would feel very left out if they didn't get the same lunch as everyone else so I would pay even though I'd probably save money and give them more wholesome foods if I did it myself.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:26 am
I'm a playgroup morah. I would do what the majority of the group does.
I personally would rather send from home because it's more cost efficient and we don't have much money but if a lot of kids eat camp lunch, I would do that because kids eat it better when everyone else is.

giftedmom

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:26 am
You’d probably end up spending close to the same for a full summer if you made your own, plus the effort involved. If it’s a vouchers place don’t they have lunch program?

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:09 pm
I sent food because my child didn't eat anything. I would pay for daycamp meals if I know that my child would eat it.

justforfun87

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:31 pm
I'd pay just about anything to have my kids eat at school or camp. Lunch is the bane of my existence.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics