Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Loosing weight does make you happier!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:57 am
I have recently finally lost a significant amount of weight after having a few children back to back and piling on the pregnancy pounds. Despite so many people saying being skinny doesn't make you happier , I really am happier. No, all my problems did not go away, and there are other areas in my life where I struggle. But being able to get dressed and finally feel good about the way I look has been a game changer. So while I understand that being skinny doesn't erase all of life's problem, it does take away a big one ( if you are unhappy being heavy) and that can significantly impact a persons happiness.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:02 pm
I think there are two separate pieces.
1. If your self confidence and body image are intertwined then you will be happier when you are skinnier
2. You feel better when you are healthy. Eating junk food and not moving makes you feel gross and eating healthy and exercising contributes to better quality of life
As someone who has struggled with weight and body image since middle school, the big change for me was letting go of #1 and embracing #2

amother
Slateblue  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have recently finally lost a significant amount of weight after having a few children back to back and piling on the pregnancy pounds. Despite so many people saying being skinny doesn't make you happier , I really am happier. No, all my problems did not go away, and there are other areas in my life where I struggle. But being able to get dressed and finally feel good about the way I look has been a game changer. So while I understand that being skinny doesn't erase all of life's problem, it does take away a big one ( if you are unhappy being heavy) and that can significantly impact a persons happiness.

Congratulations!!! Can I ask how much weight you lost? and how?

I finally got to 30 lb lost but have lots more to go. I keep chugging along, I think I can, I think I can.... it's a lot of very very hard work and weight comes off so slowly for me.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:07 pm
10000%
when I'm thin I feel confident and good about myself. I don't think into it, I just feel good.

when I'm overweight, currently, I hate myself, I resent myself, I hate going out, I overthink about my body and my weight and how ugly I feel. it's on my my mind 24/7 and that makes me unhappy.

amother
Chestnut  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:08 pm
For me I'm not happier, I'm more confident.

When I gain weight and am obese, I hate on myself. My constant stream of thoughts is here we go again, see you weren't able to maintain the weightloss, you can't stick to anything....when I am thinner I feel good about myself.

amother
Eggplant  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:08 pm
I've lost about 30 lbs over the last few months. It looks better, okay. But more than anything, it has made me HUNGRIER rather than happier! My body never got used to fewer calories and I have to keep up the fight to keep the weight down. I'm on a combination pill and beta blockers, neither of which helps with this.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:10 pm
I’m happy for you! I lost 70 pounds a few years ago. I did feel more confident and shopping got easier. But I wouldn’t say it made me a happier person. It didn’t make my relationships easier. This actually took away from my motivation to lose weight.

amother
  Slateblue  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:14 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
I've lost about 30 lbs over the last few months. It looks better, okay. But more than anything, it has made me HUNGRIER rather than happier! My body never got used to fewer calories and I have to keep up the fight to keep the weight down. I'm on a combination pill and beta blockers, neither of which helps with this.

I'm the other amother who lost 30 lb over the last few months.
I am not hungry, I eat a lot of protein and fat.
If you eat enough protein and fat, you shouldn't be hungry.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:17 pm
I gained about 20 pounds because I have pcos so hoping to lose the weight soon because I am personally happier when im skinny

amother
  Eggplant

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:

The problem is, I'm a carb addict and if I want to get my carb fix, that doesn't leave much calorie wiggle space for proteins and fats. On the other hand, if I lower carbs to fill up on prot and fat, I get even more hungry and very cranky. And I hate sports and exercise. Guess I'll have to find a way to either ignore or mentally re-interpret that hollow feeling in my belly. Sigh.

runninglate

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 2:07 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:

What’s considered a lot?

amother
  Slateblue  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
The problem is, I'm a carb addict and if I want to get my carb fix, that doesn't leave much calorie wiggle space for proteins and fats. On the other hand, if I lower carbs to fill up on prot and fat, I get even more hungry and very cranky. And I hate sports and exercise. Guess I'll have to find a way to either ignore or mentally re-interpret that hollow feeling in my belly. Sigh.

You won't lose much weight if you keep the carbs high.

Here's a little secret, if you go off sugar and flour, after some time you won't crave it nearly as much anymore.

amother
  Slateblue

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:46 pm
runninglate wrote:
What’s considered a lot?

I don't limit. I have a few grilled cutlets, or a bunch of eggs scrambled, or deli
with vegetables.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:14 am
amother Eggplant wrote:

Same

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 3:32 am
Something about this thread rubs me the wromg way.
Im sorry op.

Am I the only one.?

camp123

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 3:54 am
I agree I feel better about my self when I'm thin. But, when I look at other people I couldn't care if they are fat or thin, it makes no difference to me. Expect if I'm honest if someone is morbidly obese then I'll feel sorry for them

amother
Peony

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:08 am
amother Mustard wrote:
Something about this thread rubs me the wromg way.
Im sorry op.

Am I the only one.?

Live and let live. If you don't like this thread scroll on

amother
Nectarine

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:41 am
I am fat. When I’m not wearing clothes I hate my body but I made a resolution that I’m not going to go around being miserable and I found beautiful clothing for my size. And I feel good going out.
I also get in some movement every day which makes me feel amazing
I would be miserable if I dieted and very often with diets the pounds come back.

amother
Sunflower  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:42 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
You won't lose much weight if you keep the carbs high.

Here's a little secret, if you go off sugar and flour, after some time you won't crave it nearly as much anymore.

This is not true. I've gone off sugar and flour multiple times. It has never lasted. The cravings come back with a vengeance and I can't sustain it. And I'm talking about being off for 6 months, or a year. Not just those initial few weeks.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 6:31 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
This is not true. I've gone off sugar and flour multiple times. It has never lasted. The cravings come back with a vengeance and I can't sustain it. And I'm talking about being off for 6 months, or a year. Not just those initial few weeks.

If you go low carb with high fat and protein, u may crave but if u push through u won’t crave or be hungry. Your body will be burning its own fat. And you don’t get hungry when it’s burning fat, only when it’s burning sugar (after eating carb and sugar)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise