Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Head covering plus size

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:17 am
I have trouble finding bananas and snoods that look decent on me.
Most of them are super tight around the head and don’t have enough fabric in them. Even the xl some brands make are really skimpy. Can anyone recommend a brand that works well for them?

Somuch2

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:42 am
If you are able to come to Brooklyn pm me I know someone who can semi custom make them for you.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:25 am
Following to see answers bc I struggle with this too. I’ve thought about getting a pre tied scarf and bringing it to a seamstress to see if she can “loosen” the elastic- not sure if that would work though!

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:30 am
I’ve seen triangle tichels with a piece of velvet grip sewn that you just tie yourself- would that work?

Like this: https://thetieurknot.com/colle.....ction

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:18 am
There are many many many of us with the same problem.

The bathing cap problem.

I actually started a thread about this a while back and got many responses from other women with the same issue.

I don't know why the snood companies don't just make a large run. I know they all officially have size xl, but it's not actually xl.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:22 am
amother Apricot wrote:
I’ve seen triangle tichels with a piece of velvet grip sewn that you just tie yourself- would that work?

Like this: https://thetieurknot.com/colle.....ction

I use this but it’s a hassle. I want a regular prettied.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:38 pm
I used to wear extra large scrub caps on ebay and had them made for me. I wore them to death! now the caps seems to be big enough to cover my whole head. either the kind that are just caps or the kind with ties in the back. and elastic, of course. I get them on amazon and they are not expensive at all

strawberry cola

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:48 am
millineryshop.net offers many of her pieces in a choice of sizes and lengths. A pleasure to deal with.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 6:27 am
amother OP wrote:
I have trouble finding bananas and snoods that look decent on me.
Most of them are super tight around the head and don’t have enough fabric in them. Even the xl some brands make are really skimpy. Can anyone recommend a brand that works well for them?

First off why not the simple Israeli tichels that is just one big square? Are those too small?
I sell tichels and I know some of my suppliers sell a larger size square, maybe you can find that

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:43 pm
Yes! The company SG makes a "pretied style" tichel that is open in the back with only an adjustable elastic. Super comfortable and finally a tichel that fits!

Note- be careful when buying. They also have standard pretieds with the same adjustable elastic but these are smaller and can only be adjusted to be smaller.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:46 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Yes! The company SG makes a "pretied style" tichel that is open in the back with only an adjustable elastic. Super comfortable and finally a tichel that fits!

Note- be careful when buying. They also have standard pretieds with the same adjustable elastic but these are smaller and can only be adjusted to be smaller.

[img]oducts/2-1-black-foil-leopard-pretied-tichels-by-sg[/img]

Is it lightweight? And where can I find it?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:51 pm
Thelittletichellady.com
She puts head circumference in product description and will say when something won't work. I somehow have a very big face but a very small head size and I've worked with her to find pieces that will work for me.

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:51 pm
Very lightweight.
I bought them in Sock Shoppe in Monsey. But you can get it online

https://www.themimiboutique.co.....43866

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:36 pm
Can you please post your good tichel finds if you got one online? I would love to copycat.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:57 pm
I find the Cherie ones of this material don’t do the hugging head look
https://myselflingerie.com/col.....00813

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:21 pm
Keterhayofimitpachot.com can definitely help you. Message her through the website. she has a lot of variety and her preties and adjustable and super roomy!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 7:31 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:

Wanted to come back and thank you for the suggestion. I ordered on their website directly and made sure to select adjustable (not pretied) and it came last week. I love it, so I placed another order for more colors.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 7:36 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
Wanted to come back and thank you for the suggestion. I ordered on their website directly and made sure to select adjustable (not pretied) and it came last week. I love it, so I placed another order for more colors.

Can u post a link to this tichel?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 7:45 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Can u post a link to this tichel?

https://sg-accessories.com/pro.....rint/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven