Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Which Cricut?



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:12 pm
Deciding between the Maker and the Explore - and I also see they have a Maker 3 and Explore 3. What's best for a teenage girl?
Back to top

ces




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:18 pm
Maker will be enough for most girls, unless she's planning on doing a lot of crafting for sale
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:23 pm
ces wrote:
Maker will be enough for most girls, unless she's planning on doing a lot of crafting for sale


Meaning, original Maker as opposed to Maker 3?
Back to top

sunspot




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:51 pm
Just want to put out a PSA that Cricut has a community/forum that is like social media that she can post post on and it can be problematic. You may want to look into the sillhouette instead
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:07 pm
sunspot wrote:
Just want to put out a PSA that Cricut has a community/forum that is like social media that she can post post on and it can be problematic. You may want to look into the sillhouette instead


She can post via the machine?
Back to top

sunspot




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:13 pm
via the software, there is a community feature! so if she has access to the store, she will have access to it too. The filter cannot individually block the community
Back to top

amother
Hibiscus


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 5:54 pm
We have the Brother Scan N Cut and my kids love it. We got it because it can be used without a computer. It has a little screen that you can make simple designs on, or use a computer and transfer the designs like you would with a Cricut or Silhouette.
Back to top

amother
Lavender


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:00 pm
Why not the Cricut joy?
Back to top

groisamomma




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:07 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Why not the Cricut joy?


It’s tiny. We have the Explore 3. If you plan to use it for things like engraving wood then go with the Maker 3. Much more complicated but it can do tons more. We found the complexity of the Maker wasn’t worth it because we use it primarily for vinyl and iron on. More recently we started using it for ink infused shirts and things but the Explorer is simpler to use if you don’t need fancy things like wood carving.

Re the Cricut community, any computer with a decent filter allows Cricut Access (the program used for Cricut designs) and blocks community forums just like any other social media site. My kids don’t even know it exists.
Back to top

amother
Lavender


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:33 pm
groisamomma wrote:
It’s tiny. We have the Explore 3. If you plan to use it for things like engraving wood then go with the Maker 3. Much more complicated but it can do tons more. We found the complexity of the Maker wasn’t worth it because we use it primarily for vinyl and iron on. More recently we started using it for ink infused shirts and things but the Explorer is simpler to use if you don’t need fancy things like wood carving.

Re the Cricut community, any computer with a decent filter allows Cricut Access (the program used for Cricut designs) and blocks community forums just like any other social media site. My kids don’t even know it exists.

Can you give examples of things you use the cricut for? My crafty kids want one and I’m not sure how long the excitement of having a new toy will last.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Cricut name on siddur
by amother
0 Tue, May 21 2024, 8:24 am View last post
Cricut without internet?
by amother
6 Thu, May 16 2024, 5:54 pm View last post
Cricut
by amother
6 Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:20 pm View last post
Cricut recommendations
by amother
2 Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:07 pm View last post
Cricut sticker paper and plain paper
by amother
2 Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:16 am View last post