Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do your children play in your kitchen (in the cabinets)?
Previous  1  2

mamacita

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 1:50 pm
Mimiva, hysterical!

And yo'ma, we got a gate for the kitchen after we spent a shabbos with a whole bag of raw potatoes scattered around the house, each with a bite mark in it, grr! lil stinkers! DH kept tripping over them, hehe.

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 1:58 pm
My kids too. DS1 is 2.4 years old, and he rations out to DS2 (1 year) what he can have. Whenever he's not around, DS2 has a field day. They love my closet with all my jars and cans, but I guess they're learning skills cuz the other day DS2 stacked 3 beechnut baby jars one on top of the other. DS1 says he's building me a house, or a truck, or a boat, and lays out everything in lines or towers.
I also find random cans in the kids' toy kitchen, and I gave them a never used pepper shaker cuz DS1 kept saying he needs salt.

mom21n2

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 2:02 pm
One of mine likes to lie on his stomach and lean both elbows on the bottom shelf of the fridge whenever the door is open. I think he's relaxing, and cooling off...

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 2:15 pm
LilPrincess wrote:
Hey, I just realized I already posted here. How can I delete my duplicate reply?

You can't erase it to be gone anymore because pple wrote after you, but you can delete what you wrote. You don't need to, though Wink .

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 2:19 pm
mamacita wrote:
And yo'ma, we got a gate for the kitchen after we spent a shabbos with a whole bag of raw potatoes scattered around the house, each with a bite mark in it, grr! lil stinkers! DH kept tripping over them, hehe.

A gate doesn't help because he only plays in the kitchen when I'm there. I need to get locks on the doors. This kid is my first to go through the food pantry Exploding anger . That's because this is the first time, it's so close to the other cabinets. He broke a pickle jar once. Since then, all glass goes up higher. Now, the problem is, he started standing up and how high can I go already Confused ? The top shelves are packed.

mom21n2

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 11:32 am
That's so funny. In our house, all the lower shelves are empty, because everything is stuffed onto the top ones to keep them away from curious little hands.

jba

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 12:11 pm
That's all they play in! DD is two and loves 'cooking' all over the house with my pots and pans. I keep the pantry cabinet locked after she got into the coco powder. Now she also gives bowls and spoons to her little sister (7 mos) to cook too. I am getting her a play food set for chanukah...I don't know if I can wait that long to give it to her!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics