Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Girls Napkin Collection in full swing!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

funny50

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:00 pm
my dd's school is also collecting them. my dd came home asked if she can use her box from her shoes to start a napkin collection. I think it's a nice thing. we should just see how long it will last.
I picked her up today and she asked me to take out the box to hold on her way home from school. it is so cute that this little shtinkeh is soo into it.

all the 99c stores are out of the napkins. there are definitly napkins available, but it's basically only the expensive ones. if anyone can tell me where they found cute hello kitty napkins, it would be greatly appreciated.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:31 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
when I first heard about it, I was like Rolling Eyes shock Confused
but things come and go... I just always wonder, WHO STARTS THESE THINGS???

c'mon, dont you remember the eraser dust collections? LOL this is better than that was!

leomom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:41 pm
I have a book from when I was a kid, where you were supposed to fill in all kinds of information about yourself. On one page, it said, "I collect..." and then it gave choices: stamps, coins, dolls, etc. Then there was a blank at the end to fill in your own. I wrote "lint from rugs."

I really did collect lint from rugs. Also rubber bands (in a ball).

Napkins are prettier than lint.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:56 pm
I'll keep an eye out to see if there is really a shortage of napkins in 99 cent stores. This is so funny!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:58 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
when I first heard about it, I was like Rolling Eyes shock Confused
but things come and go... I just always wonder, WHO STARTS THESE THINGS???

c'mon, dont you remember the eraser dust collections? LOL this is better than that was!

omgggg, u just reminded me of that!!! we were nuts!!

funny50

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:07 am
I remember collection stationary.
does anyone remember the "lisa frank" stationary. I even had the looseleaf and folders (of course it was just to keep the lisa frank stationary in)

Hello Kitty

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:10 am
funny50 wrote:
my dd's school is also collecting them. my dd came home asked if she can use her box from her shoes to start a napkin collection. I think it's a nice thing. we should just see how long it will last.
I picked her up today and she asked me to take out the box to hold on her way home from school. it is so cute that this little shtinkeh is soo into it.

all the 99c stores are out of the napkins. there are definitly napkins available, but it's basically only the expensive ones. if anyone can tell me where they found cute hello kitty napkins, it would be greatly appreciated.
Mini temtations and variety corner in BP put out stacks

funny50

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:45 am
gamzu one 99c store only has solid ones, one has nothing, and one has only spiderman and beauty and the beasts (halfway undressed)

there is still another one but I have no patience to run to check it out.

closeout connection had them for 99c for a pack of 36

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:49 am
funny50 wrote:
I remember collection stationary.
does anyone remember the "lisa frank" stationary. I even had the looseleaf and folders (of course it was just to keep the lisa frank stationary in)

yep, I still have them, saving it for my kids!

Hello Kitty

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 1:05 am
Closeout connections most probably emty it is the first stop!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue Out Tongue Out LOL 8) Exclamation Exclamation

GAMZu

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 1:07 am
I remember Lisa Frank!
All the girls were nuts over it, but I never saw anything in it. I thought all the "brandless" ones were so much cuter, and they were. But no one wanted to trade the brandless ones. Rolling Eyes They had to have their neon tigers and telephones and lipstick stationery.

itsme

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:04 am
I bought character napkins at paper maven in flatbush. they have all diffirent patterns fully stocked.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:06 am
GAMZu wrote:
I remember Lisa Frank!
All the girls were nuts over it, but I never saw anything in it. I thought all the "brandless" ones were so much cuter, and they were. But no one wanted to trade the brandless ones. Rolling Eyes They had to have their neon tigers and telephones and lipstick stationery.

I had both! one looseleaf for lisa frank, and one for regular stuff, and you are right, the other stuff was way cuter! I had the most adorable and beautiful stationary! I was quite the businesswoman too.. all that trading teaches you a thing or two..

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:26 am
my kids had lisa frank pj's ...

Hello Kitty

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:45 am
My friend was in a 99 cents store and the chinesse guy asked what holiday is coming up that ton of girls are buying napkins!! shock shock shock he said if would of known I would of stocked up u see I brought in s. decorations for your people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL 8) Smile Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Barbara

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:21 pm
cassandra wrote:
Thankfully I don't think this trend will ever come here. Our kids are too busy distracting themselves with video games.

Are our kids at the same school?

Somehow, I'm just not getting this one *at all* OTOH, I can think of at lot worse things to collect.

ltlesmartmom

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:25 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
cassandra wrote:
Maybe it's like a trousseau type thing and they're starting early? Everyone knows how hard it is to get dates, but the girls who can bring the best in paper napkins into the marriage will have a leg up.

Pun intended? I told you, tampon collections will be next.

the pearl the reg. the med. the heavy ....lolol

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:27 pm
cassandra wrote:
Thankfully I don't think this trend will ever come here. Our kids are too busy distracting themselves with video games.

Thankfully?? Why, do you really think this is worse than playing video games all day?

cassandra

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:28 pm
Why is it better? Video games in moderation have actually been shown to improve critical thinking skills. What has napkin trading done for anyone?

Pineapple

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:30 pm
cassandra wrote:
Why is it better? Video games in moderation have actually been shown to improve critical thinking skills. What has napkin trading done for anyone?

Helps iwth social skills
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children