Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Girls Napkin Collection in full swing!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cassandra

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:52 pm
So do lots of other things.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:56 pm
Ok, can someone explain to me the napkin project?
What do they do with the napkins? they collect and trade them? They carry around a box of napkins? This is too weird.

I guess I collected things as a child, but never did it with friends or as a school/community-wide thing. This is tres weird.

mommyofgirls

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 1:11 pm
I think it's hysterical. my 6 year old asked me for me for a shoebox for her napkins. it seems like the kids are all coming to school with shoe boxes. I couldn't imagine how she'll still fit a box in her briefcase, so I gave her a folder. poor child must feel so left out. they're also into napkins with characters. those are worth alot. I wonder what they'll be collecting next.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 1:58 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Ok, can someone explain to me the napkin project?
What do they do with the napkins? they collect and trade them? They carry around a box of napkins? This is too weird.

I guess I collected things as a child, but never did it with friends or as a school/community-wide thing. This is tres weird.

Yes they buy, collect and trade. Did you not do that with stationary or stickers when you were a girl?

Hello Kitty

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 2:22 pm
My neighbors 7yr old daughter took her entire hard earned saved up money 19$ and brought napkins!! Her imma almost fainted!! shock shock shock Exclamation Exclamation

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 8:13 pm
Mini Temptations had an ad in this week's Torah Times that they have "character napkins now in stock!"

LOL LOL LOL

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 8:17 pm
Oh dear.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 9:46 pm
I saw a shelf of napkins in Variety Corner today. They were really cute ones, I must admit!

I can see what they're getting at- it's like us with stroller fabrics and stuff LOL The baby gear industry keeps making $$$ by coming out with new and gorgeous/adorable prints for strollers, diaper bags, baby clothes and dresses, etc.

Those napkins were really nice to look at!

micki

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 10:53 pm
come here- we have tons of napkins in the store.
what a weird idea. we buy the nicer napkins in packs of 24. so what do I do with the rest?

Clarissa

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 10:57 pm
I don't understand this entire thread. Why would children collect napkins? What do they do with them once they collect them?

We'd stink at it, whatever it means. We only use white or cloth.

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:31 pm
klik klak - you never saw a birthday theme ... or pretty paper goods for occasions other than formal dinnerware ...

don't tell me you only buy tighty whities for your kids too ... no colorful underoos ?!?!?! Colors

GAMZu

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 1:36 am
I buy my kids colorful plates, bowls and cutlery (disposable) to use on shabbos. They love it! But the napkins are useless. They are so stiff from the paint and we use up a stack at every meal, so we'd go broke.

Clarissa, I've mentioned before- these napkins are just nice tchatchkes and are pretty to look at.
When I was a kid and we collected stationery and stickers- what was different? It's not like we ever used them (Chas V'sholom!! Surprised) So they were there just to look at and trade.

Although I never understood stamp collections... Same idea though.

queen

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 1:39 am
morahaviva wrote:
Thanks for the warning!! Has it gotten to Israel yet? I will have my mother fill up a suitcase with them and have my daughter to sell them to pay for her Bas Mitzvah!

oh my gosh. what comes round, goes round.
I remember in Israel over ten years ago girls were collecting pretty designed napkins.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 1:39 am
Oh, and undies... they have a couple of white and grey ones that came in a pack with the cute ones.
But the favorites are:
excavators
fire trucks
crocodiles
trucks

Very Happy

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 10:48 am
I recall buying my friends (like nephews) kiddies airplane and car undies cause they only had white boring ones ... they fell asleep clutching their new prize ... Mr. Green

Clarissa

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 10:53 am
We collected and traded baseball cards. I had no idea about baseball or any of the players, but everybody did it, and so did I. The bonus was the cardboard-like piece of gum in every pack.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 10:57 am
Quote:
they fell asleep clutching their new prize ...

Haha, I bought my son the fire truck and crocodile ones recently. I told him it was a "back to school present" and he was on cloud 9! LOL
I also got one with monkeys and coconuts and palm trees in the next size and he keeps talking about when he'll be big and wear them. Smile

GAMZu

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 10:59 am
So Clarissa, you surely see how pretty napkins are so much more sensible for girls than baseball cards.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 10:59 am
Clarissa wrote:
We collected and traded baseball cards. I had no idea about baseball or any of the players, but everybody did it, and so did I. The bonus was the cardboard-like piece of gum in every pack.

ah the aromatic memories of gum ... although we collected crazy stickers that were funny knock-offs of the real products ... and mini album covers with a No 1 hit song written on the back ... blondie comes to mind ... "once I had a love and it was a gas ... soon turns out had a heart of glass..." Music

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 11:01 am
GAMZu wrote:
So Clarissa, you surely see how pretty napkins are so much more sensible for girls than baseball cards.

are you sexist ?!?!?! shock baseball is FUN and basketball more FUN ... my dd collects sports balls ...
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children