Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
~~SUMMER 2008 BABIES THREAD ~~
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Zus

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 4:53 am
Tired or lethargic? It's a vicious cycle. It sounds like she does need to eat more, do wake her up for feeds.

mandksima

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 5:11 am
zissy2004 wrote:
thanks, chaylizi Smile I will iyh pm you next week.

my baby weighs now 4 kg 900 and she just 3 months. the drs are starting to make faces that she isnt gainig enough. I give her four bottles a day of 180 mls. anyone else gives 4? dr says I have to give 5 but I cant manage it, she is sleeping alot and I dont want to wake her 7 in the morning when she sleeps till 9 or 10! and if I do wake her for her feedings she is so tired that she barely drinks a 100 mls.

My baby is about 6 kg and 4 months old. He's on bottles exclusively and hardly ever can take 180 ml at one time. I usually fill bottles 120 or 150 then add the powder. But he drinks every 2-3 hours during the day. I would think the more quantity she drinks, the sleepier she'll get because of all the energy required to digest it. If you gave a little less, she wouldn't sleep so long but will take more often and grow better perhaps. Is there anyone else to help you with some feedings? Usually, mu son will go back to sleep after the morning feeding. B"H, my son doesn't drink from 11PM or so until 5 or 6 AM and my DH gives some bottles. He's huge and wearing 6-9 months clothes already.

Also , I have a 7 1/2 year gap with my kids. It is hard for them but not as bad as I expected it to be as they are in 1st grade and have a longish day.

zissy2004

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 5:13 am
she is awake for about 2 hrs after her feeding and then she falls asleep so I dont want to wake her 1 hour later, so she sleeps up to 3 hours so once a day there's a gap of about 5 or 6 hours between her bottles.

oy she is starting to babble, how cute kah!!!!

e1234

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 5:46 am
Quote:
What is your baby's birth date?
How old is s/he now?
Baby's name?
What does baby 'do' already?
How are big siblings (if any) take it?
How are YOU coping?

August 13, yud beis av

Mordechai

smiles,laughs, turns over

big siblings are good - they love him. his big brother just keeps waiting for him to be big enough to run around in the park (asks me each time when he'll be big enough to at least go on a slide)

I'm exhausted - but he was sick for a week and doesn't sleep well at night.

Zus

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 6:01 am
zissy2004 wrote:
she is awake for about 2 hrs after her feeding and then she falls asleep so I dont want to wake her 1 hour later, so she sleeps up to 3 hours so once a day there's a gap of about 5 or 6 hours between her bottles.

oy she is starting to babble, how cute kah!!!!

5-6 hours between every feed is too much.

raizy

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 11:32 pm
my baby wears 6-9 months clothing and wears size 4 pampers. is that o.k. or are they making the pampers smaller these days.?

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:59 am
So does mine, Raizy.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 10:39 am
I agree with Zus that 5-6 hrs between feeds is a long time.

DD is 5 months, weighs just under 15lbs & only nurses (she hates the bottle so there's no going out with DH at night). She nurses every 2 hrs during the day, sometimes 3 if she's happy (which isn't often).

I tried some rice cereal & oatmeal & she wasnt impressed. I tried a bit of sweet potatoes the other day - she had a bit. I'm gonna wait now for a month or so before trying again. It's not like she's underweight.

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
boruchhashem wrote:
My dd isn't gaining so much weight. She weighs all of 5.20 kilo. I need to put her on a bottle of formula with cereal according to the GI doctor, in addition to the zantac.

That's really interesting. My dd is 2 days older than yours and weighs 5.3 kg and the doctor seems happy with it. How big was she when she was born?

She was 7 lbs. when she was born.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 4:45 pm
5 to 6 hours is just once a day, the rest is 4 hours. most days she wakes up between 9 and 10 and then eats at 1-2, then 5-6 and then 9-10 again and sleeps the rest of the time, she's bh happy and gaining, maybe not alot but she is gaining. ill see whats happening by the next checkup.

routine is very important to me, and I dont see where I can squeeze in another bottle.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:06 pm
Ok, I guess I missed this thread when it first started but my baby was born at the end of July so I am here now.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:09 pm
raizy wrote:
my baby wears 6-9 months clothing and wears size 4 pampers. is that o.k. or are they making the pampers smaller these days.?

Your baby is wearing size 4 diapers? My almost 2 yr old is wearing size 4, wow! My baby is wearing size 3 and I just upgraded her to size 6 months but it looks like she is going through a growth spur now so we will be moving to 9 months pretty soon.

msym

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:18 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
raizy wrote:

Your baby is wearing size 4 diapers? My almost 2 yr old is wearing size 4, wow! My baby is wearing size 3 and I just upgraded her to size 6 months but it looks like she is going through a growth spur now so we will be moving to 9 months pretty soon.

I think the diaper size will depend on where your child carries their weight. my baby is almost 7 months and is wearing size 3 diapers and weighs about 16-17 lbs- but shes chubby around her bottom/pulkies...

anyways how are all the summer babies doing????? where did our newborns go???? shock

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:19 pm
raizy wrote:

pampers are tiny these days. they just keep on getting smaller and smaller.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:21 pm
msym wrote:
MrsLeo wrote:
raizy wrote:

I think the diaper size will depend on where your child carries their weight. my baby is almost 7 months and is wearing size 3 diapers and weighs about 16-17 lbs- but shes chubby around her bottom/pulkies...

anyways how are all the summer babies doing????? where did our newborns go???? shock

Mine is gonna be 8 months in about a week and she is just barely 15 lbs and wearing size 3. She is pretty skinny except in her face and cheeks which makes her look chubbier than she really is.

So wat does everyone's baby know how to do already? Mine babbles, holds toys, turns over (both ways I think). She has her 2 bottom teeth.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:26 pm
Oh, I forgot to add that she sits for a little bit on her own. I just have to catch her in case she falls.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:54 pm
thanks for reviving this thread!!!

mendy has been pulling himself up/cruising for almost 2 months now. the other day he pushed an empty lego container clear across the room then climbed over it! I was floored! I just borrowed a walking toy from my mother and he loves it.

He says a LOT of sounds, and sometimes he uses them correctly. He'll say mama when he comes crawling to me, baba when we put his snowsuit on, and of course dada and tata all the time. it's a riot.

he eats A TON. he weighs about 22 pounds now. gosh!!! He loves cheerios, corn pops, and ANYTHING on the floor including paper, plastic, and lint!

he has 2 teeth, and just fought his sixth ear infection, this time without antibiotics.

I love watching him play with toys and with his older brother.

BH.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:55 pm
forgot to add, he turned 8 months on purim in English. In "Jewish" he turned 8 months on 7 Adar.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:02 pm
Wow, compared to ur Mendy my Gitty is a newborn. When I put her on the floor (which is not very often) she just turns in a circle and sometimes moves backwards a little. I guess I don't give her enough opportunities to practice crawling and moving around. She stays in her exersaucer type of thing all day unless she's eating or sleeping.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:06 pm
what an edible baby!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics