Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Mazel tov to Rivkia on her new username
Previous  1  2  3

Ima'la

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 2:07 am
ClaRivka wrote:
happyone wrote:
Nice name. BUT, it annoys the -----of me when people do this. It "cofnuses" me as I identify people by their username. It's like a friend of yours with the name Batya suddenly becomes Shaindel.
Congrats anyhow! Greenfire, get the booze out, we gotta make a l'chaim to celebrate the new name change.

I kept the same avatar tho! Maybe if I put a pic of myself up then u wud always know it was me!

I was also going to say that. When posters change their names it definitely helps if the old avatar is there, at least for a while. And your name isn't SO different.

sunshine! wrote:
Ima'la wrote:
So does Clarissa have to change her sig now to make sure everyone knows that she is not cassandra OR CLARivka?!

Clarissa better not change her name. It is her whole persona! Don't you even think of that suggestion. I am horrified!

That is TOTALLY not what I said!!! I would say that you misquoted me, except you quoted me correctly - you just didn't READ it! Wink I only mentioned adjusting her SIG to warn about possible confusion - that's what her sig does anyway! (Not the part of her sig about the male interloper on our board Wink )

CLARivka wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
You changed your name because people were confusing you with different people, and you chose ClaRivka? You don't think it might be somewhat similar to...I don't know...somebody else's name?

You didnt come to mind.

I do have to say that, for some reason, I found this last line very amusing.

SuperMama wrote:
Doesn't sound the same. Say ClaRivka with a chassidishe accent and you will see..

Good idea. I bet there aren't too many people who pronounce Clarissa's name with a chassidishe accent!

And for the record, when I posted my comment about the new sn being similar to Clarissa's, I was joking. I don't find it at all confusing, I think the new name is cute, and makes things less confusing because, like you said, there were a lot of Rivky's running around.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 5:26 am
ClaRivka...cute. Enjoy your new name.
Clarissa, sorry you got bugged. I think with the R capitalized it should keep confusion at bay.

Hmm...maybe I should change my name, come back in and see how long it would take everyone to figure out who I really am.

But I think I have a particular style. Probably wouldn't take people too long.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 7:41 am
I didn't say I was bugged, HindaRochel. I hadn't intended to post in this thread. I posted here because I was repeatedly mentioned, I said I got pm's about it, which I did, and indicated that I was surprised by the choice. Some people have jokingly suggested I change my name, too -- ClaRissa or Rivkissa were two of the suggestions, but I'm leaning towards Sprayon210, which sounds more powerful.

As I said, it's a free board, people can call themselves whatever they want.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 8:06 am
Clarissa wrote:
I didn't say I was bugged, HindaRochel. I hadn't intended to post in this thread. I posted here because I was repeatedly mentioned, I said I got pm's about it, which I did, and indicated that I was surprised by the choice. Some people have jokingly suggested I change my name, too -- ClaRissa or Rivkissa were two of the suggestions, but I'm leaning towards Sprayon210, which sounds more powerful.

As I said, it's a free board, people can call themselves whatever they want.

Sprayon? Sounds like something I'd use against stains.
I have to think of a new name now...
thinking thinking thinking...
I am so bad at giving myself names.

Ima'la

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 1:00 pm
LOL, I'm picturing you "sprayin' on" and crayon having to clean up your graffiti!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics