Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
THE 50+ POUNDS CLUB
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Imaonwheels

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 3:38 am
-- repeat

Last edited by Imaonwheels on Wed, Jan 07 2009, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Imaonwheels

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 3:43 am
Motivation:
To feel lighter and have more energy
To look better
For dh

Not in that order.

Last night dh took me out to dinner to break the fast. We had tons of meat and salads.
When the waiter asked if we wanted desert I told dh to go ahead. He went to talk to the baalabos who showed him the options. He came to the table with 2 different (we almost never order dessert) rich desserts and 2 cups of coffe, one with no sugar. It was important to him that I taste some with him so I also had a few bites of each.

On Shabbos I made a super low carb pie. It was so nice to have a sweet instead of just walnuts and apples on Shabbos with my coffee.

And in honor of losing several sizes (although definitely still in plus) I bought myself a slinky something to wear under in size L with hope to get into it soon.

Last edited by Imaonwheels on Thu, Jan 08 2009, 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

ganizzy

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:27 am
I weighed myself today - a week after starting the diet and I lost 3 lb!!!!! the fast must have really helped

what I have to work on - more exercise im debating about joining curves as there is no other womens gyms near me

-eating healthier like whole wheat... maybe for shabbos I'll make challa with 1/2 ww and 1/2 reg

looking forward: getting out of plus sizes
not being out of breath dancing with my kids
looking good - thats the bigges motivator

about clothes - once I lose weight I dont really need to buy clothes, b/c I have all my old clothes (some still with tags) sitting in my closet waiting for me.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:39 am
OP here...

Well, my starting weight is 200 pounds, basically what I expected.
Goal: 140 (but would be happy at 150); so we've got 60 pounds to lose.

Today is day #4 of continued adherence to my food plan...I am shooting for 90 consecutive days!

Chani

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 5:22 am
After the first week, I weighed myself this morning - down 4.4 lbs. for the week! I'm sure a lot of it is water - always lose a lot of water weight the first week on any diet.

What went well - I did a good job of sticking with my goal of 1500 cal. /day. I also did eat very healthfully; I did get at least 5 servings of fruit/veggies daily, ate whole grains instead of refined flour, and had no soda (my major vice). 6 of the 7 days I wasn't really hungry.

What didn't go so well - I didn't exercise a bit. Nada. I could give all the excuses - feel like I'm getting strep throat, it's cold outside, no time, yada yada yada, but in the end I just didn't do it.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 10:13 am
Chani wrote:
After the first week, I weighed myself this morning - down 4.4 lbs. for the week! I'm sure a lot of it is water - always lose a lot of water weight the first week on any diet.

What went well - I did a good job of sticking with my goal of 1500 cal. /day. I also did eat very healthfully; I did get at least 5 servings of fruit/veggies daily, ate whole grains instead of refined flour, and had no soda (my major vice). 6 of the 7 days I wasn't really hungry.

What didn't go so well - I didn't exercise a bit. Nada. I could give all the excuses - feel like I'm getting strep throat, it's cold outside, no time, yada yada yada, but in the end I just didn't do it.

YAY YAY YAY! I like how you are able to evaluate what went well and what didn't - real "chesbon ha-guf!"

One interesting thing I noted:

Some people are of the opinion that if they let themselves have small portions of the treats they want, it will satisfy their cravings and they can then stick to their diets. I guess it works for them. For me (I guess bec. I'm a compulsive overeater) I can't stop at one bite. Better to stay 100 feet away in the first place.

Tuesday is my weigh-in day for week one...(will be more like 1.5 weeks).

I am busy dreaming up what my "treat" (non-food of course) will be if I do stay 90 consecutive days on my plan. Today is mid-way through day 5 and I feel great. A sheital is definately for when I reach my goal weight. My budget after 90 days is up to $200...maybe a piece of jewelry?

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 10:44 am
didn't have time to read through the whole thread but here goes:

After this pg. and with not losing much from the last one and, and, and.... I needed to lose exactly 50 lbs to be at a great weight. (though 46 lbs would be ok too!) I currently lost 12 lbs since November making it 38 more to go.....
I am working with a nutritionist, find I'm full, love what I'm eating and usually am not tempted to cheat. I excercise more or less daily for about 35 minutes in the morning and another 10 min in the afternoon.

Can't wait to hear all your success stories.

Chani

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 10:56 am
Quote:
I am working with a nutritionist, find I'm full, love what I'm eating and usually am not tempted to cheat.

What kind of diet are you following? Sounds like a good one!

Chani

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 11:15 am
While I'm at it, how are y'all handling shabbos, especially shabbos lunch? I want to make a big salad with chicken (and oranges, waterchestnuts, chow mein noodles, etc.) in it, but I know my little kids will have a fit, so I bought them cold cuts, chips, fruit salad as well. I just hate making double meals. It's hard enough to cook one dinner, let alone two!

For Friday night, I think I'm good with a menu all will like: Tuscan chicken (basically roasted chicken with Italian seasoning and grape tomatoes) on a bed of spinach fettucine with a side of roasted asparagus.

pacifier

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 11:21 am
you women are great! seems you're right on track!
bnm, I can't believe someone told you you still look pregnant 6 weeks after giving birth... of course one still has a belly! I lost almost all the weight, but my belly....I know it takes 6 months to get it somewhat flat........

today I had whole wheat bread with two pieces of chocolate (instead of alf a bar!) for breakfast, and pasta with tuna (no oil, eggfree pasta) for lunch.
I have to keep up with drinking though.

I found out that when I don't buy snacks I don't eat junk!!

su7kids

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 11:42 am
What do you make for Shabbos lunch?

We do fish and about 3 salads, and SOMETIMES a cholent or a soup in the crock pot.

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 6:56 pm
Today was a good day.
soy yogurt for breakfast, wholwheat bread and cheese for lunch, supper was chicken soup, chicken balls

I snacked on apples and a few almonds, I took along a water bottle when I went out but didn't' drink.

Chani

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 5:33 pm
How was this shabbos? I find the weekends much harder because I'm around food all the time. During the week at work there's nothing there, except what I bring from home, so no temptation!

The chinese chicken salad was pretty good - it was a HUGE salad 350 calories, and I was stuffed afterwards, so managed to avoid snacking after lunch.

Tonight I had my 11 year old look through a (diet) cookbook and point out recipes he'd be willing to try if I made them for dinner this week. He pointed out 1) chicken fajitas 2) turkey burgers 3) roasted vegetables. So, at least it's a starting point.

I was thinking about how to stay motivated. The emes is that I need to lose so much weight that I will probably need to be on this diet for more than a year. I know myself, and I'm usually good on a diet for about 3-4 months and then get busy, fed up, etc. etc. and quit. So this time, how to stay motivated when April rolls around? I suppose, really, I need to look at this as a lifetime lifestyle change, which is a little scary. I mean, I LIKE hamburgers and french fries and cheesecake (not all at the same time lol) and Dr. Pepper! But once I start letting myself have a little of that stuff, then I might as well hang it up, b/c I go totally off the dieting derech, so to speak. Ah well, I'll worry about that when I get there.

Anyhow, I hope everybody had a good shabbos.

Shavua tov!

zissy2004

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:17 pm
I am starting ww tomorrow iyh. Got the book and read it.

I did ww 5 yrs ago but found it didnt work so well for me but since I found out that they have made some significant changes to the diet (like the comfort foods-foods u are allowed to eat until comfortably full) I decided its worth it to try again.

I find that the first week im losing nicely and then when I see great results I start eating again..
does anyone have this? What can I do for this NOT to happen?

my biggest motivation to lose is like most pple
to feel better
to look better
to be able to buy all the stunning clothes!

hatzlocha rabba to everyone!

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:14 pm
if you are following ww you can also post in the following weight watchers thread.

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 12:35 am
according to the drs scale I lost at least 3 more pounds!!!

Chani

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 3:44 am
Congratulations!

de_goldy

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 6:19 am
I have let myself go over the last 2 weeks but I joined a gym a couple of days ago and am going today for the first time so getting back in control with that and eating too.

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 6:24 am
BH for this group. Before I got married, I lost 62 pounds... Then got married and marry and now, one and almost a half year later, notice I have gained 10 pounds and I am on my way to loose it!

Hatzlacha ladies!!!!!

I never went to the gym bezrat hashem I will be able to pick up some sort of sporty activity soon.

ais567

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 3:39 am
to the op,
your diet plan looks quite interesting and I am thinking of trying it, but some questions:
1. can I eat milk for the protien at breakfast, and if so how much?
2. can I miss out some things at lunch and have double at dinner instead?
3. are you not STARVING, with such small amounts to eat?

will sure have more questions later if decide to keep it, but thats it so far....
thanks
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise