Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
THE 50+ POUNDS CLUB
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 10:55 am
ais567 wrote:
to the op,
your diet plan looks quite interesting and I am thinking of trying it, but some questions:
1. can I eat milk for the protien at breakfast, and if so how much?
2. can I miss out some things at lunch and have double at dinner instead?
3. are you not STARVING, with such small amounts to eat?

will sure have more questions later if decide to keep it, but thats it so far....
thanks

OP here, I'm back. I realized I cannot commit to updating every day, but I hope 3-4 times weekly (@ every other day).

My first weigh-in was 203.4 (last Tuesday), and yesterday exact same scale and time of day was 199.0, so 4.4 pounds lost (same as Chani!) and I guess that's good.

Replies to ais567:

1) yup, 8oz. milk is on the list
2) I suppose so, but it's not recommended. It shouldn't affect your weight loss, but you may be starving by dinner and more likely to eat more than you should.
3) No, my body is used to it and I am not hungry, but I still am dealing w/ cravings for sugar (today it is chocolate cake and cupcakes w/ vanilla frosting).

su7kids

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 11:06 am
One of the points of eating small meals during the day is to keep yuour metabolism working. If you stop eating, you stop burning, so you want to keep the metabolism going all day long, that's why 6 small meals is better than big meals, and even a big dinner when you're not going to be walking or moving around much in the evening is not a good idea.

If you can make a bigger lunch, it would be way better and have a smaller dinner. If you're working, you should look into packing a lunch.

Chani

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:27 pm
I was thinking today about setting goals for this. I need to lose even more than 50 lbs. (OY!) but I'd like to think of this more in terms of a long term / lifestyle change in how we eat - very close to vegetarian, not as much sweets, fewer processed foods, more organic (which we did a lot of already), etc.. So, I guess I'm not so concerned about losing ALL of the weight quickly...so perhaps a good goal is losing the 50 lbs over the course of the year...and then I'll worry about losing any additional at that point.

Certainly, I feel better - less bloated, more energetic - than I have in a long time.

What I've cooked this week:

chicken fajitas (if you use cooking spray, whole wheat tortillas, and lots of veggies there aren't so many calories) DH and the boys were VERY happy.

portobello mushrooms with salsa, green onions and mozzarella

tonight: turkey burgers, spinach salad, carrots

lunches: either a big salad or leftovers.

Tomorrow - the weigh in. (I cheated and weighed today because I wanted to see how I was doing, but I'll weigh again tomorrow and post the "official" week 2 number).

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:54 pm
Chani - What do you put in your chicken fajitas? Can you use leftover chicken from making soup, do you think?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 4:04 pm
im a new amother. I have to loose, for my height (which is just under 5 feet) about 70 pounds but I am try to reach loosing about 20 at a time.

I am very unmotivated (dont know why) but today, for the first time in a long time, I got up and did a bit of exercise.

for me its the fact that I hate exercise. eating wise, I sometimes go a bit nuts with the junk food (or whatevers in the house) but I dont eat big portions and lots of faty things.

I just have to GET OFF THE COUCH.

Chani

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 4:13 pm
Quote:
Chani - What do you put in your chicken fajitas? Can you use leftover chicken from making soup, do you think?

I put red and green bell peppers and onion (all sauteed) for veggies. The chicken I used boneless skinless breasts cut into bite sized pieces with a southwest flavor seasoning rub on it, and then sauteed it using olive oil cooking spray. When I served I also included guacamole and pareve sour cream. I suppose there's no reason you couldn't use the soup chicken, as long as you spice it up before putting into the fajita.

cassandra

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 4:33 pm
Would anyone be interested in a private forum for people who have a lot of weight to lose? I feel like people with these kinds of weight issues have a lot of similarities in terms of emotions and personality and I'd love a place for open discussion and support. I don't feel comfortable doing it on the main board.

de_goldy

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:07 pm
I would love it too. I have a lot to lose and much to discuss but like you, not interested in doing it here. I did post on the first page of this thread but when a couple of people popped up with their "I need to lose 5 pounds and I have tons of advice for you" posts, I kinda stopped.

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:08 pm
cassandra wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a private forum for people who have a lot of weight to lose? I feel like people with these kinds of weight issues have a lot of similarities in terms of emotions and personality and I'd love a place for open discussion and support. I don't feel comfortable doing it on the main board.
What's a lot? Does 25 pounds count, or only 50+?

cassandra

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:35 pm
Considering I posted it on the 50+ thread....
Wink

I don't think someone with 25 lbs is dealing with the same issues, especially if you are considered a normal weight or on the low end of overweight according to the BMI. The people I think would be interested in this would love to be in a position to have to lose 25 lbs.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:42 pm
I'd love it, but you need to allow me to be an honorary member. I used to need to lose a lot more than 50 (as in more than 100), but now I need to lose less than 50.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:43 pm
OP here.

Yes, Cassandra, 100%!

I actually contacted the moderator of the Eating Disorders forum to see if overeating issues were covered but no (this may be just as well).

I'D LOVE OUR OWN FORUM! (And would be very happy when it'd be time to leave the forum!)

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:44 pm
I am 47 lbs away from my pre child weight. even then I was never a size 0, but a happy english size 12 who never ever dieted in my life (english 12 is 6 or 8 american I think)

But I still don't think I'm fat. (ch'v!) I'm 5'5' so 50 extra lbs is proabaly less of a big for me than for someone who is 5 foot.

cassandra

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:57 pm
Barbara wrote:
I'd love it, but you need to allow me to be an honorary member. I used to need to lose a lot more than 50 (as in more than 100), but now I need to lose less than 50.

I think anyone who needs to or has lost a significant amount of weight can be included (though not through surgery-- they have their own forum.)

cassandra

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 6:12 pm
amother wrote:

I actually contacted the moderator of the Eating Disorders forum to see if overeating issues were covered but no (this may be just as well).

I never got that since overeating and anorexia/bulimia are two sides of the same coin. Our issues are exactly the same but our responses are different. I guess us fat people might be too scary over there.

Chani

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 7:57 pm
count me in. I volunteer to mod, too, if nobody objects.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 9:15 pm
I'm not sure why it would have to be private? Can't people who also have lots of weight to lose gain from this?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 9:18 pm
Chani wrote:
count me in. I volunteer to mod, too, if nobody objects.

Thumbs Up
I think you'd be great. Do you want to PM Yael and bring this thread to her attention?

-OP who will come ot of the closet in our (hopefully) new forum

Chani

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 11:03 pm
PM'ing Yael now...

GOODMOM

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 12:34 am
I am exactly 100lbs more than when I got married 20 years ago. I've summed up myself with a Dieting Disability Disorder. I mamish don't know how to follow a diet longer than a day. What I would love in a diet is a weekly menu with a detailed daily menu. Literally like a first grader starting to spell. I really need to lose more than 50lbs.- the most I've ever lost was 5lbs. But the nice part of being overweight is that you always need something new to wear since last seasons outfits are tooo small.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise