Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Where can I buy a Mijel or migel upsherin outfit for my son?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

RedRuby

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 9:51 pm
And Gamzu, I just saw your cutie!!! (didn't want to leave you out!)

How are you going to cut that beautiful hair?

Great outfit... And I LOVE the pricetag!!!

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 9:53 pm
you can't get outfits like that in my neck of the wooks. if anyone's kid is dressed like that, & you dare get all excited that someone started selling normal kids clothes here, you go up to them and before you say anything they cut you off & say, don't get too excited, I got it in boro park.

esteer

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 10:01 pm
greatfullmom I got a size 2 and truth to be told my mil got it for her adorable grandson so it really didnt affect my pocket

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 10:19 pm
Magil is not machine washable and awfully old fashioned and overprice din my opinion. Besides, my kids would never tolerate the wool cloth. I know someone who rented a velvet suit from a wedding place for under $100 and that was her splurge for the day.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:02 pm
My son will be wearing the outfit he wears every Shabbos. Navy tailored pants, blue shirt and navy blazer. It's adorable. I like to dress him as if he were a big boy.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:30 pm
btw I showed my dd the outfit - says it looks like an old-fashioned pilgrim ... just sayin ... What

what I don't get is the shorts with long sleeves ...

don't get me wrong I've had a pretty outfit or so for the kiddies back in the day ... I just realized that the monies can go a lot farther searching for sales ...

anyways - it's your pocket - your kid - your taste - so enjoy !!!

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:36 pm
Maya wrote:
My son will be wearing the outfit he wears every Shabbos. Navy tailored pants, blue shirt and navy blazer. It's adorable. I like to dress him as if he were a big boy.

I love the little man look. it's so adorable.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:39 pm
LOL thanks redruby.

Gamzu, it's not shorts. IT's knickers, it comes below the knee, and he wore knee socks. it's a 'style'. I dont normally wear such clothes, not in the winter nor in the summer. this was his uncle's wedding... (and he's still very upset at missing it. He did come down with temperature this morning and didnt go to cheder; he was coming down with it sunday night and was cuckoo already).

LibraMommy

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:45 pm
MamaBear, your son is adorable, bli ayin hara! So is yours, Gamzu! IMO, when you pay more for a Magil, you are paying for the fabric quality as well as the cut. If you like the look of a button up, there is nothing wrong with a Magil. It's simply elegant. My younger siblings had Magil outfit or two and always looked adorable. I don't buy Magil for my kids. Too expensive.

chayitty

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 12:08 am
I had someone call me today for upsherin pics..I asked her what color her son will be wearing to the pictures and she told me a navy magil button up...lol..found that funny being that that call came today!
I guess I'm a lil less conservative and like some more style and thought into an outfit...dont get me wrong I think when going button up the magils r cut and made way better then the compinies that copy the style...I just find that there r so many other ways to go..my sons upsherin is in may and im already looking for an outfit..I think I may have found but waiting for more summer stuff to come out...so exciting!!

multi colored

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 12:10 am
Company called Upper Crust. They have beautiful button ups for boys.
The best thing is that they are hand wash and cheaper, where Magil is 100% wool (unless you keep on spot cleaning it.)
But Magil is not what they used to be. They were less expensive a few years ago and the quality and fit is not the same.
Shaindy's used to have lots of them, every style and color. She does not wanna bring it in longer, only to sell it on sale and loose money...

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 12:13 am
I saw a beautiful Estella button up size six today at Strasser's. Unfortunately I need a size five. all the stores in willy are sold out of button ups this season. I'm too late. Oh well, we'll manage to live out the season with just a vneck sweater, white shirt, and gray dress pants. (I dont do colored shirts or socks on shabbos.)

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 12:22 am
btw - mama bear - you're son is adorable ... and looks just like you Wink

sorry he couldn't stay longer at the wedding ...

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 5:57 am
kikavu wrote:
Maya wrote:

I love the little man look. it's so adorable.

me too. my ds wore a white shirt, blue trousers, and a red bow tie for his upsherin. he looked really cute. A little suit is also gorgeous, if you can find in that size. A suit is about $50, and all the ones I have are washable, and practical since they are a dark colour.

I'm not a big fan of the button ups either.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 7:19 am
For our oldest son, MIL said she'd be bringing a suit. I wondered: black or navy, then she showed up with a BEIGE suit, along with a DINOSAUR shirt! DH's Rosh Yeshiva didn't comment...

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 9:31 am
greenfire wrote:
btw - mama bear - you're son is adorable ... and looks just like you Wink

sorry he couldn't stay longer at the wedding ...
He's home today for the 2nd day in a row with fever, so I understand now why he was so nutso at the wedding. I'm actually not thrilled, because I miss my daytime naps with all the exhausting sheva brochos going on, not to mention I have to cook for the one w'ere hosting on thursday iyh...

mynameismom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 9:41 am
The only time I've bought Magil its been from eBay. Ive bought only brand new things and have paid between 15-40 an outfit. I once bought a gorgeous brand new Magil snowsuit for a baby gift for 50.00

LibraMommy

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:32 am
For his upsherin this past June, my son wore a patterned short sleeved dress shirt and navy blue linen right below the knee shorts. Typical simple Shabbos outfit. I saw no need for him to be dressier than that.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:36 am
ok, I'm starting to understand the brooklyn mentality a little. dry clean only outfits on 3 year olds? that cost how much??? (oh, your mil payed for it so it doesn't count. right.) Anything that costs more then about $30 or so is an expensive outfit for me. I will pay more for a suit because they last me from kid to kid very well.

All so your son can look from an illustration from a 1950's childrens book!

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 07 2009, 10:39 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I saw a beautiful Estella button up size six today at Strasser's. Unfortunately I need a size five. all the stores in willy are sold out of button ups this season. I'm too late. Oh well, we'll manage to live out the season with just a vneck sweater, white shirt, and gray dress pants. (I dont do colored shirts or socks on shabbos.)

mama bear, if you don't want to have to iron your sons shabbos shirts, you can get plain white tshirts or polo shirts (with a collar) to go under his sweater.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics