Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shopping for undergarments
Previous  1  2

mommy24

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 9:44 am
gold21 wrote:
Ugh, I can't freaking shop anywhere for bras. Noone has my size. So, if you're going to sell bras, please be sure to carry hard-to-find sizes, like 32C and 32D!! For some reason, many places only carry the band size 32 for A and B cup sizes. !!!!!!!!!! Can't shop ANYWHERE except online basically.

where online do you find those sizes? I am also a 32C/D and find it impossible to find,esp when nursing and bigger. Please let me know what websites you get from. Thanks.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:54 am
gold21 wrote:
Ugh, I can't freaking shop anywhere for bras. Noone has my size. So, if you're going to sell bras, please be sure to carry hard-to-find sizes, like 32C and 32D!! For some reason, many places only carry the band size 32 for A and B cup sizes. !!!!!!!!!! Can't shop ANYWHERE except online basically.

DD and I have gone to a special bra fitter b/c we're small. Alterations are included and are free for the life of the bra.

There are several such stores in NYC.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:58 am
momaleh wrote:
ok, well it's a nursing undergarment, and I will pm anyone who asks for the web site. Thanks!

looked more like a shirt ...

shnitzel

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 12:25 pm
mommy24 wrote:
gold21 wrote:

where online do you find those sizes? I am also a 32C/D and find it impossible to find,esp when nursing and bigger. Please let me know what websites you get from. Thanks.

You think that's tough? try shopping for a 32H Rolling Eyes You can buy them in boutiques. Frum lingerie shops might have sizes like that but always call before wasting a trip and it is best to find a boutique that will fit you. If you are in New York bra smyth in manhattan carries a lot of sizes. Don't bother with department stores.
figleaves.com sells them for cheap but I wouldn't buy a bra without being fitted first (but then again I am huge so I really need to see how it fits)

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 1:25 pm
Nope, sorry. I shop mostly Victoria's Secret and sometimes Macy's or Nordstrom. I'd never buy nursing unddergarments anyways but I'm sure some people do. Try selling on those Jewish clothing websites.
Good luck.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 1:27 pm
mommy24 wrote:
gold21 wrote:

I'm a 32 C. Try Victoria's Secret, Macys or other department stores. Calvin Klein has 32 C as does Felina.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 1:35 pm
are you kidding me? I'm a 36DD and it's hard for me to find a NORMAL looking bra.

mommy24

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 2:04 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
mommy24 wrote:
gold21 wrote:

I'm a 32 C. Try Victoria's Secret, Macys or other department stores. Calvin Klein has 32 C as does Felina.

I tried there recently, I used to get their bras before I had kids, at that point they fit nicely. But now, I need something more full coverage- I am more a 32D and many places I goto try to get me to the next size up, meaning a 34 C but those also don't fit right. I guess I need a place that takes the time and does a good job of fitting.

CM, do you have a place in the city that you recommend?

dimples

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 2:06 pm
saposh in brooklyn has the best fit

Levtov

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 11:48 pm
Braun's Corset shop at 186 Penn St. in wb carries all sized bras and fits and alters as needed. Also makes regular bra into nursing bra. She is really excellent--many years of experience. 718 387 2696

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:38 am
Mommy24: sorry it took me a while to respond....!

Its figleaves.com and barenecessities.com...I think...If I remember correctly. I'm nursing now, so I haven't shopped there recently.But they have great non-nursing stuff in my size!

Lady godiva: why oh why can't I ever find victorias secret stuff in my size?? Which one do you go to? I've gone to VS cuz they have fitters and are decently priced, but nothing in 32C (my non-nursing size).

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 11:36 am
gold21 wrote:

Lady godiva: why oh why can't I ever find victorias secret stuff in my size?? Which one do you go to? I've gone to VS cuz they have fitters and are decently priced, but nothing in 32C (my non-nursing size).

Do a search online. They have tons of 32C. The stores carry them too, but not all stores.

Seraph

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 7:45 am
Do you know how hard it is to find 34F??? And I used to think it was hard when I was a 36D... Sad LOL

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 11:18 am
DD is small and she was fitted in a store that does alterations. I highly recommend it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics