Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mazel tov! It's a boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, girl, girl!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 8:30 am
Yes, I find this extremely confusing. There must be more.

Single mom, IF? already BH 6 children?

Something is missing from the story.

frumluv

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 8:39 am
All I can say is wow! I wonder how old the 6 kids are. Maybe her community will help out. Hashem bless this family.

One of the articles mentioned that here husband was going back to Iraq.

elf123

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 8:44 am
This story, if any/most of it is true, is INSANE. What kind of crazy people could these be? If the article quoted is true, and she has 2-year-old twins, that means she "conceived" these octuplets, by choice and obviously with some concerted effort, especially if she has no boyfriend and had embryos "implanted," when her TWINS, (not to mention the fact that she had FOUR other children) were at most a little over a year old. (How's that for a run-on sentence?) I don't know why but this is making me crazy. Please tell me our taxpayer money is not supporting these people. I am also befuddled by the fact that they are insisting they want privacy. In this country, most people are desperate for fame, and will do whatever it takes to get into the spotlight. There are several other "famous" families of multiples who, even if they didn't intentionally plan to have such large families, are more than happy to let cameras into their home on a regular basis to see the way they live, etc. Obviously they are paid for this, not that there's anything particularly "wrong" with that, as long as their lives don't become a circus. But this grandfather basically told the media "You're not going to find us." Which I guess could also be viewed as a challenge, like "C'mon, come and get us..." But regardless, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY these could be mentally/morally stable people.
Just my two cents.

elf123

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 8:47 am
frumluv wrote:

One of the articles mentioned that here husband was going back to Iraq.

Okay, if there really is a husband, I am a little less morally indignant.
But I still think this is crazy.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 9:23 am
This story sounds like a very bad movie. Or novel.

Who would a woman with six little kids under eight, do IF treatment???

Esp if her husband is not going to be home and she lives with her mother???

Which normal doctor 'IMPLANTS' that many embryos????

Someone doing IVF who already has six kiids at home wouldnt do more than 1 or 2 embryos. So pray ttell how did she get 8???

This story is beyond bizarre.

For the record, she indeed isnt Jewish, her mother's name is Angela Suleman,sounds more Latino to me.

What a nutty story.

Raisin

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 9:32 am
perhaps she just recently married this husband (after having 6 kids with someone else) and wanted to have a kid with him.

don't ivf clinics implant that many embryos to up their success rates?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 9:40 am
Raisin, IF clinics would only implant more than 3-4 embryos in a woman who is over 40 and has failed multiple ivf's.

not in a young woman who has several children.

Raisin

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:05 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Raisin, IF clinics would only implant more than 3-4 embryos in a woman who is over 40 and has failed multiple ivf's.

so then how in the world did this happen???????

bashinda

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:06 am
IIRC it's actually not good for their stats to have so many high order multiples especially that many at a time.

I think we're not getting the full picture.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:28 am
Raisin wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

so then how in the world did this happen???????
She either did the IVF in Mexico, or she didnt do IVF but htere is a miscommunication somehwere.

For the record, she doesnt have a husband. Her FATHER is going to Iraq.

I'm scratching my head here.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:33 am
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories.....shtml

frumluv

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:40 am
Thanks for the clarification on the father going to Iraq & article Mama Bear.

I don't understand why a single parent, who already has 6 young kids, would go thru fertility treatments again. Especially knowing that she would not selectively reduce.

maidale

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:52 am
I've just read that her other 6 children (4 boys and 2 girls) range in age from 2 to 7, she has no boyfriend and no husband, she's in her late 20's and still lives with her parents in a 2 bedroom apt!

This is way beyond crazy. Is she planning on selling those kids like puppies? what in the WORLD is she thinking?

Atali

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:00 am
Also, as I wrote before, some doctors are really irresponsible with chlomid. It is possible that she went to an OB, asked for chlomid, and he gave it to her unmonitored.

Atali

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:05 am
There appear to be conflicting reports. Is it her husband or father who are going to Iraq? I hope her husband.

chavamom

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 12:01 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
This story sounds like a very bad movie. Or novel.

Who would a woman with six little kids under eight, do IF treatment???

Esp if her husband is not going to be home and she lives with her mother???

Which normal doctor 'IMPLANTS' that many embryos????

Someone doing IVF who already has six kiids at home wouldnt do more than 1 or 2 embryos. So pray ttell how did she get 8???

This story is beyond bizarre.

For the record, she indeed isnt Jewish, her mother's name is Angela Suleman,sounds more Latino to me.

What a nutty story.

I"m wondering if her mother isn't a native English speaker or just didn't understand. This sounds much more like "clomid gone bad". I can't imagine ANY MD anywhere "implanting" EIGHT (????) embryos in a woman with 6 small children shock

chavamom

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 12:06 pm
Just FYI - you can get Clomid, totally unregulated, from the internet. A woman on another messageboard I'm on actually did that and had triplets. We also had a teenager where I work who took it (not sure where she got it) thinking it would "regulate her periods". She too had triplets not even trying to get pregnant. There are some craaaaaaazy people in this world.

frumluv

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 1:26 pm
chavamom wrote:
Just FYI - you can get Clomid, totally unregulated, from the internet. A woman on another messageboard I'm on actually did that and had triplets. We also had a teenager where I work who took it (not sure where she got it) thinking it would "regulate her periods". She too had triplets not even trying to get pregnant. There are some craaaaaaazy people in this world.

Oh my....guess they sell any & everything on the internet.

Atali

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 6:38 pm
Nope, it was IVF. I would think this counts as malpractice.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0......html

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:40 pm
Please tell me that this is a really bad movie.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics