Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What do you recommend??
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 1:39 pm
I just came home from looking at the uppababy vista in person and was very impressed. I put my 2.5 year old in it (he weighs 26 pounds, not tall at all) and it looks like he filled up the seat and his head was almost htting the canopy. For those who have the uppababy- what is your experience with this? Can an older child fit in it?Do they look silly when you lay them back?

shmaichul

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 1:51 pm
sorry cant really help u with that cuz my babys only 9.5 months but my nephew ws using it over pesach (hes abt 25 lbs) was totally fine

micki

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 1:56 pm
keep in mind the car seat to stroller thing- when I need to go to the mall I just take my graco car seat and it snaps into the graco stroller with no extra attachments.
the graco quatro tour is the one I have.

mominisrael2

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
I just came home from looking at the uppababy vista in person and was very impressed. I put my 2.5 year old in it (he weighs 26 pounds, not tall at all) and it looks like he filled up the seat and his head was almost htting the canopy. For those who have the uppababy- what is your experience with this? Can an older child fit in it?Do they look silly when you lay them back?

Are these sold anywhere in Israel so I can look in person, I'm a little nervous about spending tons of money on something I can only look at on a website...

shmaichul

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:04 pm
I have a snap and go that I keepin my trunk for stuff like that and the uppababy for when I walk places, go to a place illhave to walk alot - parks etc...

Shap_E

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:06 pm
mominisrael2 wrote:
amother wrote:

Are these sold anywhere in Israel so I can look in person, I'm a little nervous about spending tons of money on something I can only look at on a website...

I'm pretty sure they are not sold in Israel. I've heard the base of the stroller is pretty wide which, in my opinion, is not optimal for the narrow sidewalks in Israel (especially when there always seem to be cars parked on them Very Happy)

amother

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:08 pm
How do you turn the Uppa baby into a double carriage?

Shap_E

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:13 pm
http://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby....._ba_6

mominisrael2

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:18 pm
Shap_E wrote:
I'm pretty sure they are not sold in Israel. I've heard the base of the stroller is pretty wide which, in my opinion, is not optimal for the narrow sidewalks in Israel (especially when there always seem to be cars parked on them Very Happy)

Back to the drawing board for me?? Sad Anything similar that would work in Israel? This is my first sabra as well as my first baby for quite a while, and see that a lot has changed in the world of strollers since then...

Shap_E

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:25 pm
mominisrael2 wrote:
Shap_E wrote:

Back to the drawing board for me?? Sad Anything similar that would work in Israel? This is my first sabra as well as my first baby for quite a while, and see that a lot has changed in the world of strollers since then...

What exactly are you looking for? You specifically want this "bugaboo style"? What is your price range? Do you need it to be relatively lightweight (do you live in an apartment building where you would have to be taking it up stairs, do you have a car that you would be taking the stroller in and out of)? Do you do a lot of walking?

mominisrael2

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 2:35 pm
Shap_E wrote:
mominisrael2 wrote:
Shap_E wrote:

What exactly are you looking for? You specifically want this "bugaboo style"? What is your price range? Do you need it to be relatively lightweight (do you live in an apartment building where you would have to be taking it up stairs, do you have a car that you would be taking the stroller in and out of)? Do you do a lot of walking?

To be honest I have no idea what strollers cost these days -- last time I bought one was my Graco 8 years ago and I got a Maclaren double a couple years later, but not sure if I'd want another one of either of those, and know that prices have gone up since then and will be walking much more this time around...no car (hopefully getting one before the baby comes, but do a lot of walking around the neighborhood regardless), but live on the 3rd floor, no elevator. So something that folds up and down easily is important, and need a basket underneath. I never even heard of a bugaboo before the whole imamother controversy, LOL Smile Definitely open to all ideas...thanks!

amother

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 4:31 pm
In the Uppa baby vista, the seat does not convert to a car seat right?

shmaichul

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 5:38 pm
no but u can get an adapter for the frame then it just clicks in... u can check out their site - uppababy.com

HooRYou

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:33 am
mominisrael2, you know that the full size Baby Jogger City can also take a rumble seat, if that is what youa re looking for. You can also see what the Baby Jogger is like here since they do sell them in Israel, but they are probably a lot more expensive.

mominisrael2

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 4:40 am
HooRYou wrote:
mominisrael2, you know that the full size Baby Jogger City can also take a rumble seat, if that is what youa re looking for. You can also see what the Baby Jogger is like here since they do sell them in Israel, but they are probably a lot more expensive.

I looked on Amazon and there's one in the $200 range, which might work better for Israel anyway:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jog.....r=1-1

It says recommended age starts at 6 months though...what do people do who have this stroller before then? I had a Graco before which had a snap-in car seat that went in either the stroller or the car for when they were infants, but have no car this time around...I have a Baby Bjorn, I don't remember how long babies are light enough to get carried around though...been a LONG time since my last one...

I got a suggestion to check out the baby stores in Talpiot, so I'm planning to look at the strollers in person eventually before I need to make a decision whether to buy it here or order something online and have my family bring it in the summer...

HooRYou

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 4:52 am
I hate to break it to you, but when I said full size Baby Jogger I should have said not the mini if you want the rumble seat. It doesn't take one but the City and City Elite do.

you should probably look here and then have your family bring it since it is probably a lot cheaper.

mominisrael2

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 6:48 am
What's a rumble seat? I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 6:54 am
the rumble seat is the seat that uppababy has on the vista. but baby jogger has a toddler seat that can go on the classic & elite strollers. kind of like the valco has.

amother above, the only stroller that the stroller seat and the car seat are the same entity is the orbit. and then the toddler seat is sold separately.

mominisrael2

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 11:39 am
In other words, I can't get this brand for an infant unless I want the full model which costs a fortune? I'm back to square one again. I didn't think this was going to be THIS complicated...

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 12:10 pm
no. it doesn't mean that. what precisely are you looking for? a double or single stroller? the extra seat is only if you want seating for more than one. if you don't care, then it doesn't matter. further more, pricing for the bj city classic is pretty reasonable anyway. almost as reasonable as the city mini, especially if you buy an older model- 2008 for instance.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics