Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Triple stoller for newborn twins and toddler?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chaylizi

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:59 am
tripletlyblessed wrote:
I loathe my Valco, but it is the best of the 3-seaters. I'd call Baby Jogger and see if they'll have their similar one out when you need it. I've been considering the Joovy Big Caboose.

Baby Jogger's toddler seat only works with the single joggers. It does not enable you to make a triple out of a double.

mimsy7420

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 8:43 pm
Unless your toddler weighs like 100 pounds there is no way that the toddler seat would tip the double valco over. The way its situated its not possible.
Don't get a triple- they are bulky- hard to push and impractical. The double valco with the toddler seat is your best choice- its a great double stroller on its own and the third seat is genius.

realeez

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 11:01 pm
Another vote for the Valco double with the third seat. I have never heard of the double tipping with a third seat although I have heard of the single Valco with a toddler second seat on top and a bit ouyt front not being as steady. The way the third seat is centred on a wide stroller so is pretty impossible to tip over. I bought it when I had a newborn, 2-y.o. and 3-y.o. and got great use with the 3 until the oldest was 5+ and it got really heavy to push but then used it as a great double. Mimsy, I don't know what planet I live on, but Mazel Tov - I didn't know you had twins!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 9:34 am
OP here-
LOL, my toddler currently weighs 32 pounds, so not so worried about her tipping it over!

Can you still put infant carriers (car seats) on the valco or is it only for bigger babies?

I think DH has a shtick that he wants DD to be able to sit....

Anyone knows around how much it is? Where in the Lakewood area (and hour radius) can I see one "in the flesh?"

amother

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 9:37 am
Also, we currently only have an umbrella stroller for DD....we had an inglesina zippy that got ruined with mold from being left outside on the porch too long.... embarrassed

sky

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
OP here-
LOL, my toddler currently weighs 32 pounds, so not so worried about her tipping it over!

Can you still put infant carriers (car seats) on the valco or is it only for bigger babies?

I think DH has a shtick that he wants DD to be able to sit....

Anyone knows around how much it is? Where in the Lakewood area (and hour radius) can I see one "in the flesh?"

I would call Piccolino or Juvenile Planet and see if they have a floor model you can test drive.

realeez

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 10:17 am
You can buy an attachment to be able to attach the carseat but you can't use that and the 3rd seat attachment at the same time.

Rodent

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 2:51 am
We've ordered a triple ABC Adventure buggy (double with upper reclining toddler seat near the handle, can be used from newborn but they have a non-reclining one too). Expecting it to arrive tomorrow or Mon. If you want feedback on it, let me know.

maidale

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:19 am
Op, you can get an attachment to the double like a buggy board, with a seat. There're several types in the market, I think one is called "buggypod" then there's one that comes from switzerland which attaches to the side and looks like a bike seat with 2 handles for the older child to hold on to. Looks very practical. Then there's a whole seat that attaches to the side of the stroller as well, essentially turning it into a triple. I'll try to google these and post pics, but I think that a triple is a big waste money-wise (how long will you use it for?) and space-wise as well. DD seems big enough not to have to sit ALL the time, plus, I'm sure you'd rather invest in a good double which will serve you much longer than a triple.

Now let me go find these things I mentioned....

maidale

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:20 am
Check out this one:

http://www.revelo.co.uk/produc.....h.php

maidale

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:34 am
or this:

http://www.revelo.co.uk/products_kid-sit.php

There's one more I'm looking for.

maidale

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:39 am
Here, found it:

http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Sw.....3PT9C

cubbie

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:51 am
DO NOT GET THE BUGGYPOD!!!
My parents bought it for me as a present when dd2 was born - dd1 was 2.2 and I didn't want to buy a double, so we thought it was a very good solution. Firstly it's not stable, and you have to keep locking it in place (ie it unlocks itself) dd kept ending up at a very bad angle (it didn't sit straight more than 5 minutes) and then one day we were walking and it snapped off with dd strapped in it and she fell into the road - B"H no cars were coming.

maidale

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:57 am
cubbie wrote:
My parents bought it for me as a present when dd2 was born - dd1 was 2.2 and I didn't want to buy a double, so we thought it was a very good solution. Firstly it's not stable, and you have to keep locking it in place (ie it unlocks itself) dd kept ending up at a very bad angle (it didn't sit straight more than 5 minutes) and then one day we were walking and it snapped off with dd strapped in it and she fell into the road - B"H no cars were coming.

That's scary!! I have no personal experience with the buggypod, never owned one, just seen it around, and it seemed like a good solution for OP. Did everybody have bad experience with the buggypod? Or cubbie, is it possible that yours might have had a defect or something?

momsprince

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 8:38 am
The Bumble ride also has a toddler seat option.

cubbie

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 9:13 am
maidale wrote:
cubbie wrote:

That's scary!! I have no personal experience with the buggypod, never owned one, just seen it around, and it seemed like a good solution for OP. Did everybody have bad experience with the buggypod? Or cubbie, is it possible that yours might have had a defect or something?

I only knew one other women with it, she like me the first couple of weeks was very happy with it, then she started to have problems with it too, I know she spent ages on the phone with customer services to check that she was doing everything right etc, then when my dd fell as it snapped (litterally broke off) she stopped using it too.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 9:25 am
I recommend you get a good double and a baby carrier. a three yr old can walk quite a lot, and for the first year you can put one of the babies in the carrier so your toddler can sit in the stroller when tired. keep the carrier in the basket of the stroller so you're prepared. they're not hard to get on, and if you get a jogger you should have no problem pushing and carrying at the same time.

if you're looking to spend less money, I recommend the instep jogger (make sure the front wheel is not stationary) which should cost you $200 or less. mine came with a very useful safety strap. my son likes to hold it while walking with the stroller. you can get free shipping on amazon. you can only get insteps online.

as for carriers, I recommend the jeep. baby can face in or out, they're easy to put on, it's got a pocket/flap in front, and goes up to 24 pounds, I think. it costs under $40 iirc. very comfy. I've carried one of my kids in it for three hours with no backache.

Rodent

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:24 pm
I have done the double with carrier thing for the past 7 weeks and don't recommend it long term. Limited movement, hard getting things in and out of the pram etc. It was only after struggling through this that we decided a 3rd seat was necessary. I think the Adventure Buggy is a great idea and will fit our needs perfectly. Hoping it arrives today...

momoswyf

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 5:50 pm
The Valco plus toddler seat will set you back 750 at least. Try to find one used. The triple joovy is really nice, my friend loves it.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 6:29 pm
OP here-
This may sound weird, but I tried the whole baby carrier thing last time and because of my anatomy I was not able to do it.

To put it bluntly I am VERY large on top, not just a DD, more like a J. Therefore, the whole carrier thing didnt seem to work for me... Sad
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics