Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Triple stoller for newborn twins and toddler?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

avimom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 7:20 pm
Just to mention another option- I have seen people with the double mountain buggy. When an older kid gets tired of walking, they just sit on the front "ledge" of the stroller. In Williamsburg I have seen upwards of four kids in that stroller.. Not recommending it safety wise, just mentioning it...

Tova

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 8:41 pm
I have also seen the In-Step Double Joggers holding a whole family worth of kids!

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 8:46 pm
Those aren't options!!!!
I once didn't belt my toddler into her stroller and when I hit a bump she went flying out head first onto the sidewalk. She was fine BH but now I am paranoid about seat belts. Better to let your toddler walk then to him/her hang onto a stroller like that.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 12:31 am
I don't have twins, but I do have 3 under 3. I bought a baby carrier for the newborn and pushed the bigger ones in the twin. Your daughter will be in playgroup/school most of the day , there are no triples for under $6-700, and in a few months you'll need a double too.

Either get the valco or get a baby carrier. if you need 3 seats for trips, use your single.

golddigger

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 3:25 am
I actually got my double carriage as a gift..
I bought a harness ( so to speak) for 2.5 yr old she sits on the ledge of the seat (koelstra), she is fastened.so its not dangerous........ although usually she walks
I would however suggest, (in my experience) Don't go out with all 3 if its a far walk.

congrats...lots of luck!

silber

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 6:26 am
cubbie wrote:
maidale wrote:
cubbie wrote:
DO NOT GET THE BUGGYPOD!!!
My parents bought it for me as a present when dd2 was born - dd1 was 2.2 and I didn't want to buy a double, so we thought it was a very good solution. Firstly it's not stable, and you have to keep locking it in place (ie it unlocks itself) dd kept ending up at a very bad angle (it didn't sit straight more than 5 minutes) and then one day we were walking and it snapped off with dd strapped in it and she fell into the road - B"H no cars were coming.

That's scary!! I have no personal experience with the buggypod, never owned one, just seen it around, and it seemed like a good solution for OP. Did everybody have bad experience with the buggypod? Or cubbie, is it possible that yours might have had a defect or something?

I only knew one other women with it, she like me the first couple of weeks was very happy with it, then she started to have problems with it too, I know she spent ages on the phone with customer services to check that she was doing everything right etc, then when my dd fell as it snapped (litterally broke off) she stopped using it too.

That's interesting, I had the BUGGYPOD attached on a Maclaren for 8 month, used it everyday without any problem, it's very practical, after 8 month it's not so stable anymore wanted to reattach it stronger but she's 2.5 now and wants to walk or stand on buggy board.

Inspired

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 8:12 am
Rodent wrote:
I have done the double with carrier thing for the past 7 weeks and don't recommend it long term. Limited movement, hard getting things in and out of the pram etc. It was only after struggling through this that we decided a 3rd seat was necessary. I think the Adventure Buggy is a great idea and will fit our needs perfectly. Hoping it arrives today...

What carrier are you using?

Marion

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 8:14 am
BTW there's also a double Joovy Caboose with the seat in the back for a 3rd child.

Inspired

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 8:16 am
Mommy3.5 wrote:
Your daughter will be in playgroup/school most of the day

Did Op say this somewhere? I think I missed it.

I don't see why carrier and twin can't be fine. I have always used a carrier and single for a baby and toddler. I switched off between wearing the baby and pushing the toddler and toddler walking and pushing the baby. Or even wearing the toddler and pushing the baby.

golddigger

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 9:08 am
BTW there's also a double Joovy Caboose with the seat in the back for a 3rd child.

I like it'. Never even knew this existed. Thanks

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 9:11 am
OP I highly doubt you will be going to the mall with 2 infant twins and a 3 year old. You will probably be going to places like these with someone else. So in that case you can get a regular double and bring another single stroller for the 3 year old.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 9:38 am
OP here- wow this thread keeps going and going! Very Happy

As I mentioned before, I can't do the carrier thing because I am too large chested (I am a J!!). Basically there is no where for the baby to go , I did try it with first child and it didnt work.

Yes, the todder is in pre-school most of the day. If I think about times where we *might* need a triple it would be trips to visit the grandparents and great-grandparents who live OOT and all that is involved with that.

Our walk to shul here is VERY short and so the toddler just walks with me.

I think as long as I am not going alone then someone else can push the toddler in the umbrella stroller.

wwmom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 2:08 pm
My mom has a triple stroller that she is willing to sell. she bought it when she was babysitting 2 of my children and my neice at the same time(e/ day, while we were at work, but now she doesn't do that anymore, so she has no use for it. If you are interested please let me know.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 2:52 pm
I also thought I would never go anywhere by myself, even to the mall with my toddler and infant twins- and it was true in the beginning but it is not true anymore. There are times when I am alone with all 3, let's say shabbos morning when DH is in shul. I can't keep my toddler cooped up all morning so I will get all 3 ready (no easy feat) and myself and we will trek off to the parkor to shul or out for lunch (not always so close). My toddler sometimes will walk but halfway through she wants me to hold her- there's no way! I find the 3rd seat on my Valco invaluable. And even when she won't use it anymore(although I can't see that happening anytime soon) I will always be left with a very good double.
You will not always have another person with you!!

pgk

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 4:06 pm
baby jogger has a jumpseat option too.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 4:28 pm
avimom wrote:
Just to mention another option- I have seen people with the double mountain buggy. When an older kid gets tired of walking, they just sit on the front "ledge" of the stroller. In Williamsburg I have seen upwards of four kids in that stroller.. Not recommending it safety wise, just mentioning it...

I know a family with the double valco with the jumpseat AND a buggy board (valco makes one that attaches to their double) so they could go somewhere with 4 kids and one stroller.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 4:28 pm
not for the double stroller I don't think

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 4:43 pm
mimsy7420 wrote:
not for the double stroller I don't think

my next door neighbor has it on their double.

http://valcobaby.com/typo3temp.....2.png

Expand your stroller! It’s compatible with both single and twin Tri Mode models as well as being universal to many other strollers. Your child can stand on the board whenever they need a breather!
Compatible With: Tri Mode | Tri Mode Bassinet | Tri Mode Twin | Latitude Single | Latitude for 2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 4:47 pm
Mimsy was talking about the Baby Jogger, I think. She mentioned IIRC she has the Valco.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 4:54 pm
Yea sorry I didn't post fast enough!

I have the Valco and I'm a big fan of it! I don't think the Baby Jogger double has a 3rd seat, I called when I was pregnant with twins to see if they were planning on making one, but they said no.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics