Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How many pairs of shoes does your toddler have?
Previous  1  2  3

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:05 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

And regarding boots: you mean just for snow? Or as day to day wear? Because it's better according to all the doctors I've spoken to to get cheaper shoes (quality doesn't matter -- flexibility does) vs getting "good" used ones molded to another child's foot.

I mean snow boots. like when there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the child wants to walk instead of sit in the stroller.
day to day wear, I would not pass down shoes. I've clearly seen how my sons foot totally molds his shoe and I cant imagine how anyone else's foot would even be comfortable in there.

as far as payless shoes, they may have flexibility, but a good shoe needs support as well. and I find that in the support department, they are lacking. (it also doesnt help that my kids have such wide feet, even the W sizes dont fit!)

Oh, snow boots. Yes, those I'd pass down too Smile
According to every single pediatrician and podiatrist I've spoken to (I think I'm at 5 total now Smile), a shoe needs flexibility, but support is overrated. They used to think the white boots were best for growing feet, but they've learned otherwise. Support is not recommended. Ankles should move freely, and the soles of the shoes should be flexible....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics