Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Mocha Bundt Cake
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

elf123

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 7:49 pm
Glad you all enjoyed it! BTW, if you have any leftovers that you're trying to keep yourself from eating, slice it up and freeze it...it freezes well!!

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 5:31 am
just made this with my kids. Really easy and delicious, but because it is so light and fluffy, half of it stuck to the bundt pan. I thought I had overgreased it! Oh well... we're making our way through the stuck half a bit too quickly!!

Thanks for posting it!

Oh, btw, I should have listened to you and put less sugar. It's very sweet.

elf123

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 6:02 am
Hmm, that's strange...never happened to me...did you do anything else different? Maybe try the spray with flour? Actually, come to think of it, I kind of stopped using my bundt pan for most recipes b/c I had too many "sticky" situations, I use a tube pan instead and the cakes always seem to pop out much easier.

gryp

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 6:54 am
Mine also stuck. I thought it was because I changed the recipe a bit.

momomany

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 7:57 am
Thanx for a great recipe! Easy to make. Yummy aroma! It came out of a disposable tube pan easily & my husband gave it rave reviews. Moist, but not too heavy.

sarah86

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 8:40 am
Amazing cake! Didn't not stick, came out perfectly clean. Try letting it cool longer, and try and go down the sides with a spatula...

grin

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 8:51 am
shnitzel wrote:
Thanks for the recipe. Now I know what dessert is this shabbos!
me, too!

freidasima

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 10:11 am
OK you have a message from my DH and I quote:

"Ladies you are dangerous. Posting such a recipie during the nine days, having my beloved wife make this and then having me eat the whole thing on a thursday nite....it's not even Shabbos!! How could you do this to me during the NINE DAYS, letting me enjoy myself so much, even if it wasn't deliberate.

So, would you please next time during the nine days post something like a garlic cake or a hot chili cake which I won't enjoy, which will make me suffer during the nine days like I should, and not lick my lips for more of this delicious cake."

End of message from DH.
Garlic cake recipies anyone?
I'm off to the kitchen....to make another cake for shabbos...I can't believe that he (and I) ate the whole thing....gevalt...the kids aren't even home right now...

mommalah

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 10:16 am
Did my post from yesterday disappear in this thread? Is it because I said I did not like the cake? Wink

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 1:33 pm
sarah86 wrote:
Amazing cake! Didn't not stick, came out perfectly clean. Try letting it cool longer, and try and go down the sides with a spatula...

Did that and have never had a problem with my bundt pan, yet. It doesn't matter... we loved the cake anyway!! I actually hid it so we wouldn't consume the whole thing today.

cookielady

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 3:18 pm
It's in the oven now. Smells great.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 3:48 am
I made it today. I haven't tasted it yet but it came out of the pan perfectly. I used hazelnut flavored coffee granules for the glaze. I used the 1 2/3 cups sugar suggested so I hope it's not too sweet. I used brewed coffee (yum) in the recipe. I allowed it to cool upside down before sliding a knife along the pan's sides and easing it out. I also pricked the cake with a fork around the top before pouring the glaze, to allow the glaze to seep through.

freidasima

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 5:35 am
So I made another batch today and it really was too sweet yesterday so I did the following. I used only 2/3 cup of sugar, but for the glaze I used a lot more boiling water, 300 grams powdered sugar and poured it all over the bundt cake in the bundt pan, not turning it upside down as it's easier to store this way. I took part of the batter in a separate pan without glaze and made a small cake to bring my mother for shabbos to the hospital, she was thrilled, their cake there is lousy.

merelyme

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 5:44 am
did you taste this one, fs, or did you save it for Shabbos?

freidasima

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 5:48 am
Haha! Hid it from DH, that's one thing. Second is that I saved it for shabbos but maybe my mother took a piece of hers already, I'm heading back there before shabbos and will hear from her if it's edible, but it will be too late to post, l'll let you all know tomorrow night.

BTW I like my cakes not sweet but the frosting or toppings sweet. That way if it is too sweet, I just push off the topping and eat the cake.

sarahd

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 6:46 am
I found the texture of the cake to be wonderful, but it tastes too strongly of coffee for my taste. The glaze too. I used 1.5 c. sugar and it was just sweet enough. Next time, I would cut down the coffee by one tablespoon in the cake and one teaspoon in the glaze.

freidasima

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 7:54 am
So my mother ate some of the cake already and called me to tell me it is terrific, even without the glaze, didn't hurt it to cut down the sugar by half.

baba

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 8:05 am
You can add me to list of people who made this for shabbes.
I wouldnt let dh eat it yet though, so no idea how it came out, but I am risking bringing some over to where we're invited tomorrow.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 8:07 am
You are all making my mouth water. I put the cake in a covered cake holder so as not to be tempted. The glaze (hazelnut/coffee) is pretty darned good though....

Twizzlers

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 11:23 am
add me to your list of admirers Smile

I also made some variations: cut out some sugar, substituted apple sauce for 1/2 the oil, and did 1 cup of whole wheat flour. oh, and I dont go for glazes much, so I skipped that too.
came out great, and I'm excited to serve it to our guests tonite Smile
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins