Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Riot In Boro Park
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 3:43 am
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just bec someone else does something wrong doesn't mean its ok for you to also do something wrong
(think about when your kids fight and one says "but he started"- do you say- oh in that case its ok that you fought back?).
This is especially true when applied to safety- talking on cell while driving, driving with baby on lap not carseat, setting uncontained fires in public and crowded area.
Bottom line, the Jews were in no way, shape or form right.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 9:39 am
hardwrknmom wrote:
brooklyn wrote:
Don't forget the local politicians who could have helped. The jews rioted just like the blacks did in CH and LA. I thought we were supposed to be better. Sometimes I wonder.

BROOKLYN?? HELLOO?? ARE you serious?? I mean my mouth DROPPED when I read your post!!

The black that rioted in 91 were off their rocker!! They were dictated by David Stinkens and you're telling me it was an embarrassment on the jews part for defending themselves?? The cops couldn't even hold back the blacks. IT was insane. And your telling me I should've just let them punch the blood out of me.

Anyway..in regards to cindy saying the ticketing is good since its out of hand with the double parking, I DO NOT AGREE! Bloomberg is a shmuk and he needs every penny he can and its completely gotten out of hand. It wasn't like this during Guliani days...

First of all I never said we shouldn't defend ourselves. No jew should let him/her self be the victim of a crime. We should stick up for ourselveswith any means possible. In 91 the police were ordered by Dinkens not to do anything. Once they were given the orders to stop the rioters 3 days later they had the area under control within hours. My point is that if we set fires and burn police cars, how are we any better than the blacks. We are resorting to their tactics and stooping to their level. By the way under Bloomberg the city is actually in better shape than under Guliani. Don't get me wrong I loved Guliani, but don't forget prior to 9/11 his approval rating was way lower than Bloomberg's.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 9:50 am
Crayon210 wrote:
brooklyn wrote:
The jews rioted just like the blacks did in CH and LA.

You mean the CH riots that were started when a Jew accidentally killed a black boy, which followed with the murder of Yankel Rosenbaum HY"D? The riots that the police couldn't/refused to stop from happening?

Yes the one where the Jewish driver ran the red light, disregarding the traffic laws. It was a tragic accident which was no reason for the riots to begin. Here no one was hurt what was the reason for setting a police car on fire and acting like the blacks? Are we better than them or are we on the same madreiga? Also as I recall wasn't the police station in BP attacked and ransacked by the members of the Jewish community several years ago? The police remember that incident I'm sure and maybe when they saw the riots begin they wern't taking any chances.

ruth

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 10:09 am
I'm an "out of towner," thus I have another perspective.

I was shocked the why people disregard traffic laws. I was the only pedestrian who paid attention to the "walk/don't walk" light. Jaywalking is dangerous and a chillul Hashem. In the community I live,the new immigrants do it too, and its a dangerous disregard ffor derekh eretz.

I didn't see the news clip. But it seems, based on some of the posts, that the community feels likes its being victimized and persecuted by the cops who are cleaning up the Jewish Community's sloppy act.

Perhaps its a time for heshbon ha-nefesh?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 11:02 am
Quote:
I went into a store and left my sil in the car double parked, not in a busy place on a side road.

The law does not specify when and where one may double park, and whether moving the car upon the approach of a meter maid is acceptable. Double parking is illegal, whether it's a quiet or busy street, whether the car is occupied or not, and even in the absence of a meter maid.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 11:12 am
brooklyn, I am also upset by the actions that took place in Boro Park (sounds like a few rabblerousers among many civil protestors), but you can't compare that to the murder of Yankel Rosenbaum HY"D and the violence that followed.

ChavieK

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 11:32 am
Why compare ourselves to other groups of people.We need to look at our own actions only. If you double park- YOU broke the law & they are entitled to give you a ticket. Stop complaining.If in fact the police are targeting a spefic neighborhood go to a politician & get the facts.Are there the same % of pple double parking, blocking traffic.. I don't live in Brooklyn but when we have been there & can't get out of a legal parking space b/c someone is blocking I have been tempted to call the police. Why shouldn't they get a ticket?It's straight out gnaivas zman- mine!
Does anyone remeber 13Ave being 2 ways? That is a chillul Hashem! They city went out of their way to help the pple by making it 1 way b/c so many pple were double parked you couldn't get through.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 12:05 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
brooklyn, I am also upset by the actions that took place in Boro Park (sounds like a few rabblerousers among many civil protestors), but you can't compare that to the murder of Yankel Rosenbaum HY"D and the violence that followed.

I am not saying that the events in BP were on the same level as the murder of YR. That was a tragic event that should never have happened. My point is that what happened in BP should never have gone as far as it did. The police were doing what they thought was the proper action. I'm not saying that it was, I'm just saying that the response of the community over what happened was way out of line and could have probably been resolved with a phone call. Now the police will have a different take on the community. Hopefully the damage can be repaired.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 3:48 pm
ahhaa brooklyn- so throwing and old man into the car and saying "this is what we do to nigg***s" is okay?

Not only that the head chief said "get these fu****** jews out of here".

Like I said before, I respect the NYPD for all their hard work etc but I don't think any jew can tolerate this garbage.

And I would not consider what the jews did in boro park 'RIOTING'.

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 3:57 pm
lol hardwrkn, eventhough its really not so funny, but sad:(

brooklyn

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 5:08 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:
ahhaa brooklyn- so throwing and old man into the car and saying "this is what we do to nigg***s" is okay?

Like I said before, I respect the NYPD for all their hard work etc but I don't think any jew can tolerate this garbage.

Does someone have to die before it is considered a riot. I suppose setting fire to a police car is just voicing your opinion. How silly of me. I suppose when the captain arrived at the scene he should have told his officers to say pretty please to the hundreds of of people gathered and ASK them to kindly leave. Welcome to the real world. Those officers had to clear the streets. They are not going to wait and hope that the situation will go away. They have to take charge, so he said f@%$ing jews. I have heard plenty of nice frum people use language just as foul. Also I don't think the police just started roughing up the old man, he did not comply with their instructions thus escalating the situation from that of simply getting a summons to what it became, a major chilul hashem. But maybe you don't consider it a chilul hashem either.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 6:09 pm
brooklyn get your facts straight..

chavamom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 7:28 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:

Hmm - so you heard all this? First hand? B/c I've heard a whole lot of things like Mr. Schick's leg was broken (it wasn't), he was beaten (he wasn't) and other things. So firstly, I'm dubious.

And let's say that these things were said? How do you think NYPD would respond to fires and burning police cars? "Oh pretty please, don't do that?"

cindy324

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 7:39 pm
Quote:

Hmm - so you heard all this? First hand? B/c I've heard a whole lot of things like Mr. Schick's leg was broken (it wasn't), he was beaten (he wasn't) and other things. So firstly, I'm dubious.

First hand?! No, of course not chavamom, she heard it from her neighbor who heard it from the aunt of the woman who's 2nd cousin lives 2 blocks from where it happened...well it's almost first hand LOL

hardwrknmom, unless you were there and heard all these things said , I have my doubts.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 06 2006, 9:57 pm
mir11 wrote:
Police Chief Criticized After Brooklyn Disturbance

http://www.wnbc.com/news/84702.....af=ny

watch this video clip

listen to this and you'll hear what the police cheif said Mad

brooklyn

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 12:48 am
What facts don't I have straight? Was a police car burned yes. Do the police have to take control of a situation before it escalates? Yes. Was the driver of the car beaten? No. Did he follow the police's instructions? No. Therefore should he have been arrested? Yes. (Just like anyone else would have been) Did the people of BP over react and cause a chilul hashem? Yes.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 7:24 am
I would add:
Did the police handle this man inapprpriately? Possibly
If so, does that justify burning a police car? No.
Overall, did the community gain anything from this little riot? Absolutely not.

happyone

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 7:56 am
Just wondering where there was a burning police car???

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 10:12 am
Thank you!!! So the chief admitted to his foul mouth- If you can't take the heat get out the kitchen"!!

so was I lying.. was I talking bs ...

Why cindy and chava.... why are you so blind to these occurrence.

I don't understand how any Jewish women on here can apologize for non jews.. Scratching Head

cindy324

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 12:23 pm
Quote:
Why cindy and chava.... why are you so blind to these occurrence.

We're not blind we're just tired of some of our bros and sisters acting like they own the world and thinking they can get away with whatever...
I'm personally tired of the chillul hashem a lot of frum people are causing by acting like animals. Look for one of my old threads on my experience in hotels last summer. The way some of the Chassidim behaved, was the worst, and because of them, we were treated like garbage.

And don't tell me not to single out one certain sect, but sorry, they act like uncivilized, disrespectful annimals. No not all of them, but alot of the young bochurim.

But I'm sure if the sitch was different and you heard the cops saying f*****g
n*****s, you wouldn't be so outraged.

Anyhow though , hardwrknmom, you seem to be pretty alone in your opinions, maybe you should reexamine all the facts. Yes the chief shouldn't have spoken that way, but I can't exactly blame him with police cars and trash cans being set on fire by so called frum boys.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics