Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Riot In Boro Park
Previous  1  2  3  4

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 12:32 pm
Whatever they did to the Mr. Schik did not warrant a riot.

Rioting is extremely low class, and it's a huge chillul H-shem.

Crayon210

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 2:46 pm
brooklyn wrote:
Did he follow the police's instructions? No. Therefore should he have been arrested? Yes. (Just like anyone else would have been)

According to my husband, this is not true. If someone refuses to comply with police orders during a routine traffic stop, the police officer just adds to the ticket--insufficient documentation, refusal to cooperate with a police officer, etc. etc. Depending on how disrespectful someone is to the police officer in terms of not following orders, the ticket may cost more or less. So all the cop had to do was write a more expensive ticket, then move on. It should not have involved an arrest or anything else.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 2:49 pm
Quote:
According to my husband, this is not true.

Is your husband a cop?
A lawyer?

Crayon210

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 3:13 pm
He has background in these issues.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 3:15 pm
Cindy do you read a thing I wrote??

I said nothing about the behavior of some shnooks in BP that are off from school and have nothing to do but set garbage cans on fire.

I'm refering to the way the cop/s acted. and for that I and many other people wont tolerate and shouldn't.

cindy324

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 4:28 pm
deleted at the request of mod...

Last edited by cindy324 on Sun, Apr 09 2006, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 4:53 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:
Cindy do you read a thing I wrote??

I said nothing about the behavior of some shnooks in BP that are off from school and have nothing to do but set garbage cans on fire.

I'm refering to the way the cop/s acted. and for that I and many other people wont tolerate and shouldn't.

He had every right to protest the way he was treated, but a riot is not a way to solve the problem.

chavamom

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 5:40 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:
Thank you!!! So the chief admitted to his foul mouth- If you can't take the heat get out the kitchen"!!

so was I lying.. was I talking bs ...

Why cindy and chava.... why are you so blind to these occurrence.

I don't understand how any Jewish women on here can apologize for non jews.. Scratching Head

Go back and read my second point. I do not expect the police to speak 'belashon naki'. However, I do expect Jews to behave better and FOLLOW THE LAW (that includes the instructions of police officers).

chavamom

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 5:42 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
He has background in these issues.

However, I think he got his info wrong. There have been a number of famous people arrest from trying to pull similar stunts. Not providing ID on the ticket, if I'm not mistaken, is when someone is out without their driver's license, NOT 'I'm not going to give it to you, show me YOUR ID'.

Crayon210

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 6:54 pm
It's just unnecessary to go to the trouble of arresting the person; all the cop has to do is raise the ticket. It's usually a control issue.

sarahd

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 7:16 pm
deleted

Last edited by sarahd on Sun, Apr 09 2006, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

shalhevet

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 7:54 pm
sarahd wrote:
Yes, driving in BP is a nightmare, and I definitely agree that the cops should go ahead and ticket
- cell phone drivers .....

And I'm not impressed with people who warn others so that they shouldn't get ticketed for the above offenses. Sorry.

I don't know about the story in this case, but last year my daughter's classmate (aged 10) was killed by a driver talking on a cellphone. She was crossing on a pedestrian crossing and was knocked down. People screamed at the driver, but he didn't hear and then he ran over her altogether.

hey its me

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 8:56 pm
driving in bp is a total nightmare!!each time I have to go down 13th im afraid for my life!!!!

I don't want 2 generalize but the way these chassidim drive is just like animals!

they have no manners and I think there attitudes stink, I often wonder how they actually got a license to be on the rd!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 3:42 am
hey its me wrote:
I don't want 2 generalize but the way these chassidim drive is just like animals!

I take offense to that. I was nearly run-over on 13th ave by a guy wearinga leather yarmulka talking on the cell and when I gave him a piece of my mind he said well, lady the light is green.....and zoomed off!! So pls don't generalize about any group. There are individuals whose driving skills and manners in general leave much to be desired but to defame a whole group wld be hotzas shem ra.

Thanks.

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 4:54 am
walk up and down 13th avenue..... It's not only chassidim you'll see... don't generalize please.

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:38 am
is there such thing as being racist or prejudiced against Chasidim?
or is that only for the blacks and Arabs? Confused

why did no one protest earlier against the disgraceful comments in this thread? Confused

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 12:43 am
Quote:
is there such thing as being racist or prejudiced against Chasidim?
or is that only for the blacks and Arabs
?

Anti-Chasidimism......Is very prevalant unfortunately. It seems like some take pride in finding faults in Chassidim and some always make sure to generalize according to one example they experienced.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics