Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!

mommy79

Post Fri, Nov 05 2010, 1:38 pm
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to potty train my 3.3 year old daughter, and it is frustrating the heck out of me. She has bribes, rewards, and lots of positive reinforcements, yet is still not getting it. Now she was “suspended” from school for 3 days due to the fact that she “didn’t get it yet”. I don’t know what else to do I have been trying to take her every hour but I seem to just miss it. I am so nervous she will get “kicked out” of school if she doesn’t get it soon. Please, please any advice!!!!

ccc

Post Fri, Nov 05 2010, 1:46 pm
BTDT...Take her out of school for a week, stay home all day & take her to bathroom every hour.
You have to stay relaxed!! An accicdent happens, dont make a big deal out of it.
Buy lots of stickers & prizes, maybe do a chart.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 05 2010, 1:56 pm
Wow, I could have written your post earlier this year. We had taught my son about using the toilet and at home he did it when we were taking him every hour, etc. but at school they couldn't do that so he almost got himself kicked out. The teacher called us before succos and we agreed to keep him home untill he was better trained. Well, one day of not being able to go to school was the motivation he needed. Right away he was much more interested in using the toilet and while it took the entire succos break to get him fully trained, that "suspension" from school really worked wonders. I hope it works for you too!

I also wanted to add, that unfortunately some kids take longer to "get it" so all you can do is be patient and keep trying. Easier said than done, I know. Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training