Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How old was your DD when you pierced her ears?
Previous  1  2  3  4

mazaltov

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 4:18 pm
safetynet wrote:
2 weeks.. beats it all?

nope! 2 days!!! Smile

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:27 pm
cm wrote:
saw50st8 wrote:
flowerpower wrote:
I will never understand why you feel the need to wait for your daughter to ask for it or want it. It adds so much personality and gives a feminine look to them.

Its also effectively cosmetic surgery of sorts.

Agreed. I wouldn't prohibit my daughter from having it done, but it is a permanent decision and not one to be made lightly.

In my whole life I have only seen maybe one or two Jewish babies with pierced ears - to be honest, I'm surprised by many of the responses on this thread.

Its not all that permanent, the holes can close years later if you go without earrings long enough. I have had to "re-pierce" my own ear more then once and I've had holes for nearly 25 years.

I am surprised you haven't seen many babies with pierced ears, its very common among chassidim, its done in the kimpiturin heim. In fact there is the famous seagate story that happened when two Suri Weisse's were in the kimturin heim at the same time, One had a girl and the other a boy. well, little boy weiss, came to his mommy to be nursed and she was not happy to find that his ears had been pierced by accident.

Even in my circles, (not chassidish) many young baby girls get their ears pierced . My pediatrician found it so common, that he learned how to do it, and now does it in the office for anyone who wants. I know very few girls that waited till 5 or 12 or older to do it.

suomynona

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 4:30 am
I think babies and little kids look silly in jewelry. I wouldn't even think of doing it until they ask, and even then, I don't know if I'd do it right away.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 8:50 am
I don't know any doctor who would do it or even recommend it. It's cosmetic! leave the baby alone!

If anything I see fewer pierced ears by the chassidim.

lovemywig

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 10:01 am
3 Days old. Its harder when there older. And to me a girl is a girl with earings (and a bracelet)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 10:09 am
As someone who has never pierced her ears, my daughters are not pierced. I have no plans on doing so.

My youngest sister just got hers done (only one in family) -- she's 17.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 11:10 am
Ruchel wrote:

If anything I see fewer pierced ears by the chassidim.

perhaps in France, not in NY.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 11:10 am
Mommy 3.5-you're pediatrition really does it? Kool!

My kid was bald and looked like a doll. I told hubby at 3 weeks to take me and it made a huge difference. Added a lot to her face and noone mistaked her for a boy. The little bracelets add to the cute girl look too. When I see women without earings to me it's like they are not completely dressed.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 9:08 pm
yes he does, but not before 3 months.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics