Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What is your profession?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mili

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:51 pm
Lactation Consultant. Love it! Love babies. schedule work around my kids. Great being my own boss

eschaya

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:52 pm
imanewmom2010 wrote:
I want to be you one day Very Happy

Go for it !! I absolutely love my job and I'm especially lucky to work with incredibly supportive people. Just to burst your bubble a wee bit.... I still do nights! There are plenty of dayshift jobs available for NPs, but oftentimes the night shift jobs provide a lot more autonomy. And you're right, on many nights the physical work is less than that of an RN, but there are still those nights that leave you breathless and exhausted. But you learn most on those nights, so in the long run its worthwhile.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 12:48 am
amother wrote:
I work in a seksual health clinic. I see clients looking for STI testing, treatment or birth control. Under medical directive, I collect samples, treat certain STIs and prescribe certain types of birth control to clinic clients. I immunize for hepatitis A, B and HPV and assist the clinic doctor with IUD insertions. I also do some case management for reportable STIs and a bit of counseling for other issues, like BV, yeast and herpes.

In a different public health role that I have (as an RN, not PHN), I go to schools and immunize 7th and 8th graders for hep B, meningococcal disease and HPV.

Wow, sounds interesting! PHN is a diff degree/license? Never heard of it being a separate field...

Tweedy

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 1:21 am
MrsDash wrote:
I'm a Wellness Coach, a personal trainer, and group fit instructor. Hoping to grow more within the health and fitness field.

I very much love what I do! Hooray

Hey could you please tell me how to get rid of my double chin??? I lost q lot of weight but can't get rid of the double chin! Would a huge chesed thank you !

citrus

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 2:35 am
amother wrote:
Special instruction Early Intervention home based therapist. Absolutely love the children and working with them- I get such nachas from helping children reach milestones and develop confidence in their abilities!
Absolutlu hate the traffic and looking for parking every half hour or so.

I would like to ask you a question regarding what you wrote.
can you PM me?
do you have an email add I can contact you? it can be an anonymous one

Catcher

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 5:49 am
Social worker in hospital.

Desperately looking for something completely different - so burnt out after 10 years in the same job.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:23 am
OP

Like you I'm an accountant. And basically for the same reason. It was just the easiest and most realistic career choice for me. There were times that I hated it. Particularly focusing on trying to find the mistake some client made in endless calculations, with a boss on your head waiting for you to bring it back to him over an hour ago.

But as time went on I found a better niche. I love tax work and figuring out how to get the most deductions for someone. I love analyzing information to see what really happened.(not looking for mistakes)

I'm currently most self employed. I love the flexibility of when accounting work is done giving me time to stay home with my children

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:26 am
I am an office administrator/exec assistant in an Architect and Design office.
Love my field, I am in school now to get my degree in Business Management.
I literally do everything in the office as the rest of the staff are all designers and architects. So I am also the bookeeper, payroll manager, secretary, receptionist, etc etc.

I work full time and have kids (plus school) so I am really excited that my boss has hired an assistant for me to start in a couple weeks, I will focus more on being his assistant and dropping the small stuff like answering phones and filing and I will be able to cut my hours a little bit and get a raise Smile

My dream is to be a management analyst but first I have to complete my schooling (which I only just started).

preempservices

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:31 am
Program Director. I love my program - helping people who want to go to work or return to the workforce. The "paperwork" is annoying and we usually don't have the funds for a secretary so I wind up doing that to.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
This is very interesting. How did you get into this field?

I started out as a full time loan processor for a mortgage brokerage firm. After three years when I was expecting my second child, and looking to cut down to 6 hours a day from an 8 hour work day I took some courses in sales and switched positions to being a loan officer. Because I had the processing background I had a very solid foundation in this industry. Now, more than ten years later, I have my own loan processor + an assistant. I will be honest though and acknowledge that this industry does have its ups and downs and there were certainly some years over this last decade when my income wasn't all that great.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 12:35 pm
School psychologist in a public school

Dassah

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 2:17 pm
Previous amother who's a school psychologist, do you feel it's a good field to get into now? I have my BA in psychology and I'm considering going back to school for school psychology. I'm hearing its a dying field and hard to get jobs and not advise Abel to go for now ... Is that true?

icebreaker

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 2:14 pm
I work in the financial aid office of a college. I like it for the most part. Don't really like the commute though.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 2:46 pm
Social worker in the department of children and family services.
I love my colleagues and my work is challenging and literally life and death sometimes.
But the pay sucks big time.
B"H I'm working more for my mental health than a big paycheck.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 3:19 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, sounds interesting! PHN is a diff degree/license? Never heard of it being a separate field...

Just saw this! Same old license and degree (BScN), though having a graduate degree is pretty common.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics