Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Any allergist to explain to me

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 10:57 pm
My child is allergic to a lot of things. One of them is egg. The skin test showed an allergy, like it swelled up. Anyway, the doctor there Styed blood the ovalbumin number/ I guess to see if can be eaten in cooked form and that number was 0 bh. My question is my doctor scheduled me for a cooked egg challenge like in a cake. Is there a reason for this. Like if the number is 0 for ovalbumin then does that mean my child’s not allergic to cooked egg. So why can’t I try it at home? It’s such a shlep 4 hours of trial in the hospital. I have other foods I would do the challenge for .

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 11:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
My child is allergic to a lot of things. One of them is egg. The skin test showed an allergy, like it swelled up. Anyway, the doctor there Styed blood the ovalbumin number/ I guess to see if can be eaten in cooked form and that number was 0 bh. My question is my doctor scheduled me for a cooked egg challenge like in a cake. Is there a reason for this. Like if the number is 0 for ovalbumin then does that mean my child’s not allergic to cooked egg. So why can’t I try it at home? It’s such a shlep 4 hours of trial in the hospital. I have other foods I would do the challenge for .
Neither the skin test nor the blood test is 100% accurate so the only way to know which is true is to do an oral challenge and the only way to do that safely is in a drs office.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 12:40 pm
Thank you so much for responding
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics