Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Lowes Employee Fired for Stopping Shoplifter!
Previous  1  2

creditcards

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 3:40 pm
Ok, I have it on my list for tomorrow, shoplifting at Lowes. Who's in? Should we meet up there?

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 4:43 pm
creditcards wrote:
Ok, I have it on my list for tomorrow, shoplifting at Lowes. Who's in? Should we meet up there?

Too bad we’re not allowed… Wink

Fox

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:51 pm
Cheiny wrote:
And on that note… have you heard the song? Wink

I actually thought about referencing that. One of the stories I've been following over the last couple of years is LEO recruitment.

Small municipalities and regions with a strong law enforcement culture have become very aggressive and organized in recruiting big city cops who feel they've been thrown under the bus. I just heard an interview recently with a former NYPD detective who now works as a recruiter for an organization representing Florida police. He matches up the needs of local departments with NYPD officers looking to get out. One of his comments was that he knew at least a dozen guys doing similar recruitment work in other states or specialties.

So the song really describes a circular effect: good cops are attracted to municipalities and regions with a culture of respect for law enforcement. Having a police department staffed with good cops means you're likely to have fewer problems with excessive force, corruption, and other misuses of police authority. Which means that your citizenry will continue to have their respect for law enforcement reinforced. All of which will lead to fewer crimes and less public mayhem, so actual vigilante actions will be far more rare than in a setting with little to no faith in the police.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 6:01 pm
I'm confused. Is the security gustd allowed to stop a shop lifter??

exaustedmom

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 6:12 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I'm confused. Is the security gustd allowed to stop a shop lifter??

That was always the traditional job of a security guard. I have not seen lately security guards in stores.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics