Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Suicide bombers want to collect...

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 8:39 pm
I heard on the news last night (sorry I dont have an internet source) that two arabs would-be suicide bombers were arrested in germany. they had taken out life insurance plans, and the money would go to their terrorist organization!!

zuncompany

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 8:51 pm
insurance companies don't pay up for suicide. jokes on them!

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 8:54 pm
I dont know what they do in germany... but they did get a policy.
such gall!

Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 8:07 am
I checked it with a german prosecutor, and according to him it's absolutely not possible to get insurance coverage like that!!! He is a very reliable source, so I take his word for it.

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 9:31 am
well, im glad to hear theyre not foolish enough to get scammed like this. but I heard it on cnn radio news.

Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:08 am
I can't reveil where I work, but I am surrounded by prosecutors and judges from 25 european countries, and I do expect them to be very well informed as far as their policies go - that's what they get payed for Smile
So RG, with all due respect to CNN, I think you can trust me on this one, fortunately! Smile

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:13 am
I will be glad to trust you! I dont trust cnn very much... but why would they just report a story on national news if it cant be true?

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:21 am
b/c CNN LIES!!!!

Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:23 am
terorist funding is a hot topic, and this is an easy way to stir up the discussion. if it would have been true, it would be outrageous, and that's what cnn aims for - outrage...

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:24 am
usually cnn lies when they want to slant the news towards their liberal agenda... but what possible benefit could they have by making up this story??

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:30 am
publicity

Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 10:45 am
does makes you realize that double checking info is not a luxuary....

sarahd

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 11:13 am
I read that they took out life insurance policies benefitting al-Quaida and were going to fake their death in one country and then go to Iraq and commit a suicide bombing. Like this they could go to heaven Rolling Eyes and al-Quaida would also benefit materially from their death.

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 11:23 am
sarahd- im so glad you also heard it! I see you had more details than I did, which makes a huge difference in the story Very Happy

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 11:24 am
it sure does!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics