Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I'm sorry

amother

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 3:14 am
I hope that this post does not get deleted b/c I really want to clear the air here:

I was the OP for the topic of debate that was locked. I didn't respond b/c I didn't check imamother for a day and when I last checked there were 2 replies. I just wanted to defend myself and to apologize for offending anyone. First of all, I agree, the term "stupid" was a poor choice of words. I am not the most eloquent person, and I posted at like 12am really quickly before I went to bed and I guess I didn't really think it through. I love my daughter and she does NOT need anyone else to look out for her interests as some rude amother suggested. I am concerned for her. Stupid was not the right word to use. I know that she is not delayed, she's a bright kid, but I was questioning her ability to remember things. As I have seen over and over and over again with her, it's in 1 ear and out the other. maybe that's normal for a 3 year old? I don't know. that is what I was asking. Should I be concerned. My older daughter is B"H a very bright child who knew her ABC's at 1.5 years old and at 5 yo now, she can tell time on an analog clock and can add and subtract pretty well, who's learning to "read" by us telling her 3 letter words and sounds them out. She is the only other reference I have to child development. and while I realize that she may be above average in intelligence, I have no other to compare to. I am not trying to compare 1 child to the other, but I have no other marker to go by. what IS normal for a 3 year old? I could ask my pediatrician, but honestly, I don't really like him. he's really laid back and I like things to be taken seriously (I can't really switch b/c he's the only one near by on my kuppah). to the poster who said that I offended her by saying that my daughter is stupid (which I actually did NOT say) b/c she has a child with LD, I am truly sorry. I did not mean to offend. and for the record, I do not think that children with LD's are stupid, or anything else. I do not label pple. You guys don't know me. not only b/c I posted as amother, but also b/c even if I did, you guys still don't know me. and to the amother who insulted me and to all those who agreed with her, it was very hurtful. NOTHING was accomplished by calling me a bad parent. I may not be the perfect parent (as if that even exists) and I have what to work on in my parenting skills, you are no perfect neshama either! you've got some major bain adam l'chaveiro issues to work on too. I hope you know that those aveiros are only forgivable on Y"K by asking mechilah from the person you hurt. Thank you to all those who WERE dan l'kaf zechus for me and defended me. I appreciate that. A few years ago, after a simple comment, I got hounded on by this 1 person on imamother and it hurt me so badly that I almost dropped imamother altogether. And I did for a few months b/c I couldn't stand how some pple on this forum can be so cruel and obnoxious.

I did not mean to offend anyone and I never called my daughter stupid and I wish I had chosen a better word instead, but please, pple don't jump down pple's throat and accuse them!

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 10:44 am
I do understand. I wasn't all that upset with the term, as I didn't think you meant it cruelly.

I am sorry you feel hurt and misunderstood. However:
I think the more important thing is to discuss how you can figure out if your child is behind in terms of development.

From what you have said I do not think she is behind. BUT if you would like to discuss it with me off list pm me, and I can send you my email.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 10:50 am
thanks HindaRochel. I think that we're just going to keep an eye on it. I have concern over her ability to remember things we tell her. It may just be a case of her not having any incentive to remember something we tell her or her short attention span.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 11:10 am
I think that is probably it...3's tend not to remember that sort of stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics