Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I am so frustrated!!

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 11:21 am
I am babysitting a baby who just won't stop kvetching. I know this is an awful thing to say but the smell from his formula is really starting to get to me and hes all sweaty today so I am really grossed out. Help, what do I do?

ChutzPAh

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 11:37 am
Would the mom be upset if you gave him a quick bath. That will take care of the smell and may calm him down as well.

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 12:13 pm
I hope not because that is what I did. I also put cream on his diaper rash which the mom did not mention. He is much calmer now.

Its just so annoying to have someone elses kids whine at you. Confused

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 12:21 pm
I know how it feels.

You try your best, and in the end, babies cry. You're not mommy, and it's life.

When I was working in childcare, we had 1 baby who would cry and cry, howl really, when his mommy was gone. Wouldn't eat, wouldn't take his bottle, was clean, no sores, just woke up...

Maybe find a way to brush it off....we'd sing a cheerful song like "oh, my oh my, Ploni remembered to cry today....BH" It at least helped us to brush it off, bc we were not as much annoyed as frustrated bc we wanted him to be comfortable and calm.

We'd hold him as much as we could, give him his pacy, offer the food and bottle several times, and in his case, after an hour, try to put him back to sleep in the stroller, which usually worked. That was the best we could figure out after 2 mos of trying everything.

He got better after he started crawling/walking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics