Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I'm so frustrated

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:17 pm
When I signed up ds (now almost 2) at the beginning of the year at playgroup, I asked the morah what her schedule is. She told me that she doesn't give out a calendar, but she follows "regular school schedule".

Today, when DH picked up DS from playgroup, his Morah mentioned that tomorrow (Tuesday) is her last day. When DH asked her why she isn't following school schedule, she first said that it is (we have older kids and plenty of neighbors and NOBODY starts vacation until Friday, so DH didn't buy it). Then she said that she always takes off a full week before Pesach (again, DH pointed out that she's taking off a week plus a day, plus she never said she takes off regular school schedule plus additional pre-Pesach time). DH didn't want to push it further because she is our kid's morah and we don't want to be difficult...but this is very unfair. Both DH and I are still working and we are going to have a very hard time finding childcare for Wednesday (a different child has off already on Thursday, but that morah put it on her calendar at the beginning of the year, so I've worked out arrangements for her, I hope ds can piggyback along... Starting Friday, I'm alternating taking off with DH because everyone else will be home...but we really don't have another day off!)

I'm really annoyed about this last minute change. I don't think it is fair.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:34 pm
That really doesn't sounds fair, especially with no advanced notice.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:47 pm
Me too. Similar situation and not the first time this happened. This is why I decided to send to a daycare next year. It’s a fortune, but it’s reliable.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:00 pm
That's really unfair. But morah's do whatever they want because they have the upper hand. They don't even try to please parents. And when parents dare to complain, they get labeled as difficult parents.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 1:10 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
That's really unfair. But morah's do whatever they want because they have the upper hand. They don't even try to please parents. And when parents dare to complain, they get labeled as difficult parents.

I'll be DLKZ that maybe she doesn't realize how super impossible this is for all of us who work and send to her playgroup. Most teachers don't even have off yet! But I guess since she works from home, she probably hasn't needed to rely on outside childcare like we do...and if her kids need to be home she's always home anyways...

Either way, I don't think that I'll be sending back to this morah in the future. She's very warm and loving, but it is the fourth time this year she's made a last second schedule change. It is too frustrating.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 1:50 am
If her kids are in 6th plus grade. Last day of school for them is Tuesday. She may be going according to that schedule.
If that's the case it still doesn't justify such late notice to parents.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Copper wrote:
If her kids are in 6th plus grade. Last day of school for them is Tuesday. She may be going according to that schedule.
If that's the case it still doesn't justify such late notice to parents.

She doesn't have any older girls...

And yes, if you're a morah, you can make any schedule you want...but you need to keep to the schedule you committed to! I made DH pick up DS today even though today is my turn. I'm so upset and I was afraid that I'd say something I regret.

There are PSAs going around about paying playgroup morahs in advance, since the first comes out over Pesach vacation. I know its the right thing to do, but I'm having a hard time wanting to go above and beyond...

Girl@Heart

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:23 pm
I never heard of a playgroup that doesn’t either give out a calendar or follow a specific school calendar. How are you supposed to know in advance? It’s really hard finding childcare, let alone with only two days notice!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:28 pm
Girl@Heart wrote:
I never heard of a playgroup that doesn’t either give out a calendar or follow a specific school calendar. How are you supposed to know in advance? It’s really hard finding childcare, let alone with only two days notice!

I know! I was worried at the beginning of the year, but she told me not to worry, she strictly follows Bais Faiga schedule...but I guess not. Its the 4th time she's taken off an extra day...

It is really impossible. I'm still scrambling for tomorrow. It is very hard to find a daytime sitter for a non-toilet trained toddler. I'm also worried about Thursday...a neighbor is watching DD3 but she might give me a hard time about diapers...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics