Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chewy Granola Bars - Fast and Easy
Previous  1  2  3  4

cookielady

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 2:17 pm
lovmyboys wrote:
Can I use quick cooking oats or do I need regular?

both will work well.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 3:32 pm
OK, these are just out of the oven (oil, regular Mia oats - Israelis know what those are) and they are delicious. Hope I manage to leave some for the children Wink

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 3:43 pm
I made them last night. Doubled the recipe, and did it with oil. It needed a bit more oil and another egg. They came out very nicely. I put in walnuts, almonds, choc chips, raisins, and craisins. I also put some corn flakes instead of some of the rice krispies. And only ww flour and much less sugar.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 4:45 pm
pinktichel wrote:
This is what my husband said to me two seconds ago:

"There is something about this granola that when you bite into it, it takes things to a whole new level. It is really spectacular."

Cookie, I expect that quote to be in your cookbook. LOL

Honestly, I have NEVER heard my Dh rave about ANYTHING I've made like he has been with these.

I made these based on this for my dh. I used oil, choc chips and almond slivers and walnuts. For me, they would taste better with raisins, but since I'm on a diet just as well I used the chocolate.

Dh said they are good, but he's not quite as impressed as yours was. Wink (he was chortling over that praise when I read it out to him)

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 4:46 pm
btw these are almost easy enough for a kid to make. I used a wooden spoon and my son to mix them.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jul 03 2011, 3:05 pm
I know this is a really old thread but I was just thinking about making this for my DH but I have no cereal in the house.
What can I use instead? How can I adjust the recipe? all ideas that don't include putting on a sheitel and shoes welcome.

Riffy

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 5:53 am
Just made these and now that they are in the oven realized that I forgot the baking powder. How bad is that?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 6:11 pm
I just made this, it was pretty easy aside for a lot of measuring.
I think it came out a bit thick, more like a bar cookie then a granola grab and go bar, maybe next time I'll spread it thinner on a larger pan.
It tastes really yum though!!! When DH tastes it -I'll find out if I should make them again (I made them so he can take a snack to work).

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 6:42 pm
I wasn't happy with how ours came out.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 9:31 pm
lamplighter wrote:
I just made this, it was pretty easy aside for a lot of measuring.
I think it came out a bit thick, more like a bar cookie then a granola grab and go bar, maybe next time I'll spread it thinner on a larger pan.
It tastes really yum though!!! When DH tastes it -I'll find out if I should make them again (I made them so he can take a snack to work).

Finally made them yesterday too. I also found them a bit thick-but delicious anyway. I think I'm gonna have to hide them from myself!

ganizzy

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 9:38 pm
its good this recipe got bumped up bec I was just asked by 2 people for the recipe.
its very good. I serve mine as a cake. I use oil and whatever nuts I have in the house

Dini

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 9:48 pm
This sounds yum, I would love to try it!

curlytop

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 10:27 pm
Riffy wrote:
Just made these and now that they are in the oven realized that I forgot the baking powder. How bad is that?

Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

How did it come out? I love this recipe.

Riffy

Post Wed, Jul 06 2011, 3:53 am
curlytop wrote:
Riffy wrote:

Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

How did it come out? I love this recipe.

It came it great. I ate like half the pan myself Very Happy
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins