Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Ideas for a memorial tribute in memory of our principal

MrsDuby

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 10:12 pm
I am looking for ideas --

my community is commemorating the 2nd yartzeit of our high school vice principal. She worked in our girls yeshiva for over 50 years and touched so many of us ....

I am looking for an idea that us alumni can donate, or do in her memory... a "new library wing" is an idea I have heard before but thats a bit pricey ... does anyone have any tangible ideas that could work ? Such a special woman, loving every child, and infusing us with a derech eretz for Torah I feel it important that we keep her memory alive....

any suggestions big or small would be greatly appreciated !

shaynaladle

Post Sat, Mar 14 2009, 4:05 pm
I've never done this kind of thing myself so I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but what about establishing some sort of chessed project - or renewing an old one with a new feel - that commemorates the woman in question?

For instance, if you have a group of girls or women who sing at a retirement home or bring food to the elderly who are confined at home, perhaps name it for this lady.

Or, if this was a woman steeped in chinuch and the furtherment of tender neshamos, perhaps some sort of fund for a local school - it doesn't even need to be something large and expensive but something visible and useful for a school or community centre/space used by students?

A new projector, new seforim, things that can be stamped with the woman's name as a visual reminder?

A quote that was often said by the lady that stuck with you all these years in a wall hanging somewhere prominent?

None of these things would demand quite the same sort of funding as a library wing, but are no less visible/useful if they are placed and/or used regularly.

In any case, best of luck to you and yasher koach on a wonderful gesture.
Gut voch!

MrsDuby

Post Sat, Mar 14 2009, 9:27 pm
thanks so much for your ideas .....

after doing some research im finding out from a lot of people that she was a very musical woman. She wrote many songs that were used in school plays etc.... SOOOOO some of hte women thought maybe a new piano or some sort of something for the school auditorium / stage area.

thanks again for your input ! I really liked your ideas ---

Shavua Tov --

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 14 2009, 10:02 pm
maybe you can create a recording of her songs and sell it as a school project in her honour ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics