Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Yishai
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 7:02 am
kikavu wrote:
amother wrote:
The above examples enhance the meaning of the name yishai how?

nevermind. hope you find a name you like.
I'm not non appreciative. Its just I'm specifically looking for a name to add to yishai that has a meaning that flows with the meaning of yishai, and enhances it. not just stam another name of a tzaddik, if you catch my drift.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 7:27 am
kikavu wrote:
meir, hillel, eliezer, eliyahu, shlomo

yould you really name your baby anything a gadol was named? how abou yishmael? there was a kohen godol by that name & several other gedolim too. there's a great name for a baby.

Why are you being rude to OP? She wasn't rude to you.

chavamom

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 7:33 am
amother wrote:
kikavu wrote:
meir, hillel, eliezer, eliyahu, shlomo

yould you really name your baby anything a gadol was named? how abou yishmael? there was a kohen godol by that name & several other gedolim too. there's a great name for a baby.

Why are you being rude to OP? She wasn't rude to you.

It appears that kikavu has strong "feelings" that are based in her shita of what kind of names people should give. Not everyone feels the same on this issue. My kids don't have names like "Yisrael Meir" or "Dov Ber" either and I get this same shtick from a neighbor EVERY time I have a baby.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 7:54 am
Our son is plain Yishai too. As a mother or two mentioned, he was one of the four people who never sinned.

Maybe add Aaron? As an ohev shalom v'rodef shalom? That's somewhat meaningful. And it's also a pretty easy name for non-religious people to pronounce.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 11:04 am
Your relative does not have to be a gadol to want to name after.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names