Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Get rid of pacifier or keep

acccdac

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 10:45 pm
so my almost 3 year old (34 months) still sleeps in a crib becuase no one else needs it.

I've told him that if he gives up his pacifiers he could move into my older sons room and sleep in a big boy bed.

so I dont know if I should push/help him get rid of them becuase I'm sure that as soon as the pacifiers go his nap will go.

see I work in the afternoon and I rationalize me not being home for him that 3 or the 5 hours I'm gone he's naping. if I take away the pacifier the nap will disappear and he'll be up with a babysitter for 5 hours while I'm out at work.

the irrational idea is for me to quit and be at home and raise my kid and not have someone watch him but with 2 tuitions I cant really do that. (I'll leave this for another post, I hope in the future to stay home with all my kids, and maybe we'll do scholarship so I can do that, but I first have to come to terms knowing that tuition will be raised cause I'm not paying in full which means that someone else's child is missing out on their mother because they have to come up with the rest of my bill)

what are your thoughts?

ilovestrollers

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 11:17 pm
My DD is almost the same age, and we took the pacifier away except for nap/bed time. It has been working very well. She gives it to me as soon as she gets out of her crib. I consider this a success especially because my DS was using his pacifier full time while at home until age five. Yikes!

acccdac

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 12:40 am
so my 5 year old got rid of his pacifier at 2 1/2 after a trip.

and we are doing the pacifier only in crib for nap and bedtime. so I really dont mind him having it, just curious if I should mind

(btw....I sucked my thumb till 8 and never had braces, so that isnt a concern of mine)

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 12:43 am
don't think it's wise to take away crib and paci at the same time ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics