Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Uti in a 3 month old baby.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 1:45 pm
Anybody ever had this??? my 3 month old was fevering for 4 days till the Dr decided to do a urine test and it was positive!!!! how wierd he said he would send me for testing to see wether the underlying reason was a urine reflux.. If anybody had such a situation please share with me Im totlaly confused. Besides for the fact that oh my gosh what this antibiotics is doing to my DD -Bad yeast rash in the diaper area plus a bad irritation on her cheeks plus fussiness during the night she used to sleep through no problem now she keeps crying. B"H she is healthy and fine and let me not complain but its so annoying.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 2:16 pm
I guess I really have the wierdest thing with my darling cuz I se no repsonse!!! WOW. Still waiting for any replies...

fiddle

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 2:22 pm
I thought that my ds had this, although I never followed up the urine analysis bc the fever stopped. I was reading online causes for fevers without other symptoms and this was one thing that turned up. I was very nervous. but at least now you know the reason for the fever and the fussiness. shell be back to herself in no time!
Smile

e1234

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 2:23 pm
my 6 year old had this at 6 weeks and was diagnosed with reflux -- she was on antibiotics for a few years but b'h outgrew it.

momto4

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 8:44 pm
my baby had one as well at a young age. we then did a renal ultrasound to check for renal reflux and she has it. she is on preventive antibiodics now. its not as uncommon as you think. check with your ped. about getting it checked out. good luck!

NYmommy

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 9:25 pm
Well my dd (dont remember exact age but approx between 6-12 months) had UTI. I was also send for the reflux test & bh it came back negative. However she still suffers quite often from UTI. She sometimes takes meds, then when I retest to make sure it went away its still there...So she can go with meds for 2-3 times till it finally clears...I was told it runs in family cauz my family has this pretty often. Also much more common in girls than in boys

mali

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 2:57 pm
When an infant has fever, this is one of the first things they check for. It's not unheard of at all and can be dangerous if CHV not taken care of.

mali

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 2:58 pm
רפואה שלימה!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics