Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
SuperCool IPhone Application FOOD JOURNAL

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 1:09 am
My friend and I just downloaded a food and exercise food/calculator that also keeps a running record of your weight all on your IPHONE.
I do NOT have an IPHONE I have the ITOUCH but people this is amazing!
It is called: EDIBLES and Ithink it will help me on my journey to a healthy body weight.
Good Luck!

SingALong

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 10:33 pm
but do you need to type it in every time you eat? I would probably just eat less jsut so I dont need to type it up

cassandra

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 10:36 pm
SingALong wrote:
but do you need to type it in every time you eat? I would probably just eat less jsut so I dont need to type it up

That's part of why food journaling works. It also makes you more conscious so that you don't just eat without thinking.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 1:32 am
It makes you aware of what you are consuming and now my ipod opens with how many point/calories/carbs/whatever I have left for the day. It is a constant reminder. Today I ate a donut. It was worth 6 points. Then I ate a second donut. OMIGOD another 6 points. Then I stopped.
Yesterday there would be NO stopping. I call that a chain of donuts... generally I find that donuts are attached--I cant eat just one

cassandra

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 10:17 pm
Valley Mom, I tried Edibles for a few days and didn't like it, then I downloaded Lose It! and it's so much better, especially since they have a database of foods (and not only do they have a database of foods but they have a recipe calculator). Best of all-- it's free!!!!

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 1:49 pm
cassandra wrote:
Valley Mom, I tried Edibles for a few days and didn't like it, then I downloaded Lose It! and it's so much better, especially since they have a database of foods (and not only do they have a database of foods but they have a recipe calculator). Best of all-- it's free!!!!

I just downloaded the "lost it" app and I was coming online to post about it. I guess you beat me. It's such a great app and it's free. That's one of the best things about the iphone, there are so many great useful apps that are free. On regular cellphones I paid $7 a month for every little app and game I downloaded. Wow.

There is a great app called "ParveOMeter". It calculates when you can eat dairy after you ate meat. You just activate the 6 hour time when you eat meat and when you wanna have dairy you check if the 6 hours have passed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise