Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO gefilte fish in tomato sauce or other...

wanderer

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 1:00 pm
I'm looking for a recipe I can use up a loaf of gefilte fish with. I remember reading somewhere to let it defrost, roll into balls and drop in tomato sauce mixture? Or breading and frying it?

Any good recipes would be appreciated! :-)

Thanks!

cuteson

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 1:28 pm
One delicious way I do it is I first defrost a bit, cut into slices, bread and fry it, then I cook it in tomato sauce with some veggies, diced carrots, celery. to make it a bit spicy I also add fresh hot pepper. It's delicious.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 1:37 pm
I've had it your way and it is delicoius. Another great way to prepare GF rolls is this:
Let it defrost and spread it out into a pan. slice veggies (onion, carrot, peppers) sautte in oil until soft, add a bit of tomato paste and season. Shmear veg. mixture on top of the GF, bake on a very low temp for about an hour and a half until veggies are soft (best to cover pan lightly with baking paper while baking and reheating).
It looks great and tastes really yummy.

beautiful blessings

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 1:44 pm
Some options:

- Defost, drop balls into marinara sauce and a red pepper, cook on stovetop
-Put it in oven (whole) with marinara sauce
-Put it in oven with tomato sauce all over it, with spices, and onion, pepper, mushrooms, whatever
-put in oven with salsa smeared on top
-like someone else mentioned - breaded and baked, then eaten in a tomato sauce cooked with spices and veggies

MiamiMommy

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 2:04 pm
I defrost the roll and mix it with bread crumbs and 1 egg per roll. The mixture should not be too stiff, so it's really no more than 1 cup of bread crumbs. I form it in to patties and fry. Then I simmer the patties in marinara sauce for a while. You can also put them in a pan. cover with the marinara, and put in the oven.

wanderer

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 3:04 pm
thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 4:12 pm
I specially make several rolls (boiled) at a time and we eat it boiled the first time. After that I slice it up and freeze it.

I sautee an onion, add green pepper, mushroom, zucchini to taste, then add the fish and brown on both sides; then add a can of tomato sauce and whatever spices I want to; like garlic, black pepper, etc. You can do this in the oven, too, and you can skip the veggies if you want to, also.

lastly, you can just sautee the fish and skip the sauce if you want to !!!

wanderer

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 5:42 pm
cm, so after it's boiled, you saute it w/ the veggies?

Never had something like it...what do you serve with it?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 6:04 pm
If you're short on time, that's can be the whole Friday night fish course. It's fish and vegetables. Served cold.

wanderer

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 6:34 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics