Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Trips in the north

ora_43

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 3:43 am
My mother and sister are planning to visit this summer. Their trips will overlap for about 3 days and we were thinking of taking a family trip to the north. We'll be six people: my mom, sister, me, dh, a toddler and a baby. And we need things that can be reached by bus in order to avoid the costs of renting a van + the hassle of shlepping car seats. And one last thing -- we've all spend a day in Tzfat before, so while it'd be interesting to do something new there, just seeing the city wouldn't be new.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of doing a day in Haifa and/or going to the Golan but I have no idea whatsoever what the options are.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 3:52 am
If money is at all available, then hiring a guide with or without a car will make every trip much more meaningful. Haifa is nothing without a walking tour with someone knowledgable. Acco too. Last time we went out for a full day, a guide was 800 nis. Worth every cent.

If money is tight, I would say to take the train all the way up to Nahariya, enjoy the grottos at Rosh Hanikra, sleep somewhere cheap and then take the train somewhere else (Haifa?). Just spending time on the train will eat up a good chunk of time.

sped

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 12:20 pm
The beach in Haifa is nice. Check out about the Bahai Gardens there. I went - it was stunning - but my friend was tol dwe should not have gone there since considered a religious site. Ask your LOR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions