Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Prince of Egypt

Aribenj

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:30 am
If I remember correctly, it was a musical cartoon about Yetziat Mitzraim that Spielberg made. I just remember being a little annoyed at how humane they made paroh look. (still a bad guy, but very human). Other then that, I can't remember having any issues with it.

Has anyone seen it? Do you think it's appropriate for a 4 year old? I mean, like any Pesach story, it shows all the ugly aspects like drowning the boys, and the beating of the slaves, but in a PG version. I know there have been conversations on this forum on how much we should tell our kids at certain ages about our difficult history. But my question is more specific to this movie.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:38 am
My 4 year old son saw it, without me, he was at a babysitter, but once he saw the movie he is convinced that's exactly the way it went down, and if there is one detail that is slightly inconsistent or off, it doesnt matter how much I try and tell him it might not have happened that way, because he saw it!!

If it was up to me I would not let a young kid, who cant differentiate between fact and fiction see it.

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:42 am
edited

Last edited by mimivan on Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Aribenj

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:46 am
Kumphort wrote:
My 4 year old son saw it, without me, he was at a babysitter, but once he saw the movie he is convinced that's exactly the way it went down, and if there is one detail that is slightly inconsistent or off, it doesnt matter how much I try and tell him it might not have happened that way, because he saw it!!

If it was up to me I would not let a young kid, who cant differentiate between fact and fiction see it.

What parts of the movie were not true to the story?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:55 am
I wouldn't want my children's image of Moshe Rabbenu to be a cartoon.

chavs

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:25 am
I think it depends on the child. As was mentioned its not a pleasant story and its different being told about people suffering then seeing it. I think that over all its a very good movie and I have no issue with my ds watching it. If you want to show it to your ds I would suggest sitting with him and talking with him about what he is seeing that way you can also get a better impression on how he is understanding it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics