Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Any way for me to change his bm cycle?

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Apr 04 2009, 11:11 pm
I know this is a crazy post, but bear with me. Ds is 6 weeks old and exclusively nursing. For a while now, he only makes a bm every 4 or 5 days, sometimes more. But then, it's an EXPLOSION! He is not constipated, as the explosion (that gets all over his clothes and leaks through) is liquid. Anything I can do? The doctor says not to worry about it, only she's not the one oxycleaning outfits every 5 days and cleaning up the aftermath.

Yes a silly question...any silly answers?

Ima'la

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 12:54 am
My friend's baby used to do something like that. The baby also often had her movements in the bath. So, if you're so inclined, perhaps lots of warm baths would encourage the movements to take place there - thus sparing you the oxycleaning. Personally, I'd prefer oxycleaning to movements in the bath, but to each their own! Wink

octopus

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 12:58 am
well, that's typical of a bf'd baby. my kids did the same. both of them. I just had loads of laundry to do for a few months. sorry I have nothing helpful to say...

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 1:02 am
Try double diapering on the days that he might make a bm? If it leaks through one, the other might stop it. Maybe a bigger one on top of the smaller one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics