Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
It SNOWed !!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 8:56 am
I woke up this morning and it had SNOWed !!! albeit a light layer, any amount is significant ... Pale Pale and here I though it was spring Confused

NativeMom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 10:32 am
I know, it's snowing here. I'm so sad Sad

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 10:43 am
I also couldn't believe it. But at least it wasn't too cold here.

Seraph

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 12:02 pm
Waddya expect, greenfire, its cleveland!!!
My father used to say "In cleveland you see the first day of spring 50 times a year." Too true, because of the lake effect snow.
If it makes you feel any better, even in almost april here in israel, I had to wear a winter coat and put on the heat today....

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:44 pm
in israel - now I feel better ... but at what temp - now that is the question ... I barely wear a winter coat ...

cookielady

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:46 pm
There was a slight chill in the air this morning. You may have even needed a sweater. LOL

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 5:20 am
just in case anybody cares - yup it's cleveland - and I forgot to tell you yesterday's weather:
63 and sunny Sunny

Seraph

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 7:15 am
:-D And israel's weather is nice and sunny and warm, yesterday and today as well...

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 7:17 am
I've forgotten how my kids used to laugh at this book we had where the pictures varied day by day - knee socks and short sleeves to winter coats and hats ... then one day one of the kids said "oh now it makes sense - it must be cleveland" Nervous

NativeMom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 8:55 am
its 50 degrees over here and tomorrow its supposed to get up to 63 but I'm trying not to get my hopes up for all I know we'll have a blizzard tonight (and this is in the Rochester/Buffalo NY area)

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 9:01 am
greenfire wrote:
I've forgotten how my kids used to laugh at this book we had where the pictures varied day by day - knee socks and short sleeves to winter coats and hats ... then one day one of the kids said "oh now it makes sense - it must be cleveland" Nervous

It's like that in Israel too, Sunday was cold (ok not Cleveland cold but Israel cold) and today is as warm as could be. Last week monday was warm and suddenly became freezing (almost litteraly in our neck of the mountains) in the evening and until wednesday noon - when it suddenly became sunny.
Anyhow to make you feel better. My father likes to tell the story about how it snowed one erev Pesach in Chicago and it took him forever to get to shul so he missed the siyum and had to fast until Seder.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 9:12 am
did I mention it snowed again yesterday ... accumulated even - on the trees in the driveway ... will it be warm enough for biur chometz - my bonfire awaits ... or must I simply burn down the whole house ... now that's one way to clean for pesach shock

frumluv

Post Wed, Apr 08 2009, 10:29 am
Ugh, it's snowing in Midtown & NJ
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics