Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pesach, weight management and pregnancy

amother

Post Sun, Apr 12 2009, 6:28 am
I have seen a dietician for this preg as I do not want to gain 40 pounds this time( if I can still have a 8 pounder and eat healthily). So far I was ok most of the time.
The last time I saw her before Pesach I put on 2 kg=5 pds. in two weeks. She yelled at me and warned me not to put on any more over pesach. This is so unrealistic, I am always hungry on Pesach and I am eating at my mother in laws house- she is a great cook! Can someone help me with a menu for breakfast and lunch over Pesach- basically she wants me to eat a yoghurt for breakfast , but I feel I still need a banana and a piece of almond-pesach cake . I tried no matzah for two days, but I could not help it- I feel lunch is not complete without it....still hungry...I am thinking of not going to my appointment after Pesach- I want to enjoy Yomtov and not feel guilty about having to see her after yomtov- I am B"H half way in my preg and I just want to throw in the towel about watching my wieght- BUT, I have my sister's wedding after Shavouos and I want to look good preg if that is possible....anyone have any ideas?Been there,done that????

supermama2

Post Sun, Apr 12 2009, 7:03 am
I don't think that what you eat on Pesach is going to ruin your weight for the wedding. You'll have weeks to eat healthy salad w/ baked chicken or tuna and keep your weight in check. I wouldn't let this ruin the chag for you..BTW we must be due close to each other if you are 1/2 way. I'm 25 wks now Smile Mazel Tov and enjoy Pesach w/ lots of Simcha...you know it's a mitzvah to be festive and joyous on chol hamoed too Thumbs Up

amother

Post Sun, Apr 12 2009, 7:14 am
Thanks for that! It seems you are on the way to eating well and feeling good about it! Do you really6 feel full after salad and Chicken?That's it for the night? Are you starving in the morning? Also, do you work, and what would you take to work if you have very little time in the morning? I like your attitude- maybe if you have time, would you post your dialy menu? I would really appreciate that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise