Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help! Plus size maternity clothing in Israel

chani173

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 2:36 am
Is there a place in Israel, either in Bnei Brak/Tel Aviv area or Yerushalayim that sells plus size tznius maternity clothes?

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 2:54 am
Plus sized=what?

I'm large sized, but not like american 20 or whatnot, just american 14/16, and I found plenty of selection at shlaggers in geula.

chani173

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 3:05 am
Like American 22. I can't believe they consider size 14 plus size these days.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 4:15 am
Its not plus size... But most israeli stores dont carry it. Rolling Eyes

Shlaggers also had a lot of stuff larger than 16... Definitely up to 20 at least. I dont know until what size, but I know they also have a plus size section, so if you're in jerusalem, I would suggest checking it out.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 6:58 am
There is a store in Geula called Shalgar across the street from Amnon's Pizza. They have two floors - upstairs they have plus sized maternity. Enjoy and good luck. Also I got a couple of things from Ramilee (spelling?) but their biggest size still might be a little snug for a 22, but it's worth trying out because they had smoe cute stuff the last time I was there.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 8:52 am
Where is Ramilee?

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 9:30 am
There are RamiLee shops all over the place. In Jerusalem there is one on Rechov Meah Shearim, and in Malcha Mall, that I know of. The main store is in Hertzelia, but I am sure they have one in Bnei Brak also - they tailor the stock in the store to the frum crowds, so the Meah Shearim one doesn't have pants and stuff the Malcha one has. There is a store on Ben Yehuda which sells maternity and plus size clothes (don't remember the name, but it's on a corner), and has some of RamiLee last season stuff.

ETA: The info about Jerusalem branches is from when I was there 2 years ago, I know there is still one in the mall, but not sure about Meah Shearim.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 9:33 am
The ramilee in town had a total of two skirts my size, and as I said, I'm not so huge, an israeli 44 or 46.
I would skip that.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 9:43 am
In general I didn't think RamiLee carried stuff so big (I'm about a US 12), but was responding to Mrs.K who asked where they were.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 10:58 am
The one in Meah Shearim is not there anymore. Mostly I wouldn't try Ramilee, but they did have a few lovely items that I wore for this preg. and I'm bigger than a 16 (more like a 20) - so it's def. worth a try. But, by and large, their stuff is smaller Smile

I also mentioned it b/c if you can get to the mall easier than Geula, it's worth a try.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 11:21 am
Thank you! :-)

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 11:38 am
In the midrechov Ben Yehuda is Koren's on the left going up from Yafo. They had a decent selection of quite young styled large sizes when I took dil with her first. Ramilee's was very expensive if I remember.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 5:46 am
So I decided to go to Ramilee today. I went to their website and saw they have a branch in Center 1.

They had up to a size 46 but the sizes seemed to be cut very generously to me. The prices were not that outrageous, compared to the other stores I've visited, plus it was 20 shekel off everything with their Moadon card. Overall I was very pleased. I got 3 weekday tops that were very reasonable and a top for shabbos, which was more expensive. Overall I thought their clothing was very cute.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 5:53 am
Imaonwheels wrote:
In the midrechov Ben Yehuda is Koren's on the left going up from Yafo. They had a decent selection of quite young styled large sizes when I took dil with her first. Ramilee's was very expensive if I remember.

Was going to recommend Koren too. They also carry some Ramilee products (as of two or three years ago) and have a wide range of plus size and maternity and plus sized-maternity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions