Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How do you train kids to be tznius when undressing?

spinkles

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 11:24 pm
Especially when you have numerous young children who all go to bed at the same time....

shalhevet

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 11:31 pm
What age are you talking about? I think before age 8-9 fuggedaboutit. After that they grow up and want the privacy themselves - it's age related and I think it happens even to those children who walk around all day in a sleeveless top and skimpy shorts.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 11:56 pm
the best answer I can come up with is that to change clothing they should use the bathroom. I have relatives who have a two bedroom apartment, meaning that the boys and girls all sleep in one room and there are about 4 girls and two boys (somethinglike that) so the undressing thing definitely came up. so instead, they always dressed and undressed in the bathroom and that was the end of the story.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:14 am
I agree that before a certain age, you wont accomplish much. My daughter (6) has her own room and my 2 sons (4 and 2) share another room, so aside from telling them to change in their own rooms, preferably with the door closed, I'd wait till they're older. If for some reason they are traipsing around the house without clothing, like if they're on the way to find their favorite pajamas in the dryer or something, they say to each other, "Don't look at me, it's not tznius." (Which of course will make the other look on purpose just to incite the first, but at least they get the concept.)

TzipG

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 5:19 am
agree with all the above. at a certain point a kid matures and wants some privacy. my 6.5 yr old dd will only change in her room or in the bathroom. my 5 yr old ds will still prance around the house in the buff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers