Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo frog or cameleon

amother

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 5:21 pm
I am buying a bagaboo on sunday cant decide between the frog or cameleon is the camilion that much better? that is worth it

ss321

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 5:54 pm
no, no.
if money is a consideration (and when choosing between a ~$900 and ~5something is stroller, makes sense it would be), go with the frog
it is a tad smaller
and you dont have as many color choices
those are the only differences I think there are
of course the bugaboo website is going to advertise the chameleon as being the "cadillac" and the frog as being the "ford" but a) ford is still a good car (I guess-although I personally hate american cars in general) and b) theyre made exactly the same way. The wheels have different spokes I think. but the frog isnt going to be "worse" or not work as well.

koalamum

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 5:56 pm
Besides being less expensive, I heard that ppl in general are actually happier with the frog!

bnm

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 6:01 pm
the frog has air wheels, the chameleon has foam-no flat tires.
the chameleon's handlebar is exstendible, the frog's isn't
there is supposed to be something different with the suspension in the wheels that I didn't figure out yet.
and the chamleon has a few more color options. those are the only differences. It's not worth it to get a chameleon over a frog unless you get it in the weird colors that a few places have on sale now for the same price as the frog-$650

ss321

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 6:06 pm
bnm wrote:
all this time I never realized this was the difference!! So the chamelions never get a flat tire? thought I was just lucky!
bnm wrote:

the chameleon's handlebar is exstendible, the frog's isn't

as a chameleon owner, I think this is only moderately significant if one of you is very tall. and even in that case, I dont think its a necessity.
bnm wrote:

there is supposed to be something different with the suspension in the wheels that I didn't figure out yet.

yea. I dont believe that either. a new frog and a new chameleion IMO, feel just the same to me.

bnm

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 6:10 pm
about the handle bar- I'm 5 feet, 3 inches and keep it extended the most. I got used to it like that because it always gets extended when I'm going up and down steps. my friend who is 5 5, maybe 5 6 and has a frog says the longer handle makes it more comfortable to shlep up and down steps which we both do since we live in apartment buildings.

Chocoholic

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 6:19 pm
Both my DH and I are very tall so to us it'd make sense.

chaylizi

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 6:32 pm
I never buy a stroller without an adjustable handle, but maybe that's just me.

shoy18

Post Sat, Apr 25 2009, 9:49 pm
ss321 wrote:
bnm wrote:
all this time I never realized this was the difference!! So the chamelions never get a flat tire? thought I was just lucky!

this is a very new feature I think since 2008.

ss321

Post Sat, Apr 25 2009, 9:55 pm
shoy18 wrote:
ss321 wrote:
bnm wrote:

this is a very new feature I think since 2008.

oh then I guess I have hte air ones. never rly bothered to look or anything. dont remember if the stroller came with like a pump or something. I guess im just lucky. if they did go flat id call cust svc I guess....theyre amazing btw, they replaced my chasis once, basically "no questions asked" because I was like it seems bent and doesnt push straight, and that (somehow?) was under warranty?

sarahla

Post Sat, Apr 25 2009, 11:20 pm
cameleon...I love this stroller but I must tell you that if G-D Willing you plan on having more children its not a practical stoller... its also not too pratical to travel in airplane with because you have to completely undo it...other than that its great, comfortable and stylish!!! Smile

amother

Post Sat, Apr 25 2009, 11:40 pm
thanks for the replies but cant decide if the cameleon is really better abd its a little bigger but it is more money

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 12:02 am
I wasn't going to buy the Chameleon-didn't want to spend the extra money but I found it for cheaper than the Frog. My friend has the Frog and is very happy. the only difference she noticed was that it's easier to shlep up stairs with the longer handle.

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 12:08 am
FYI: mystrollers.com has Chamelions in their closeout section. fleece are $690, canvas is $749. not all color combos are available. they have all their frogs in the sale section.

wubby

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 10:18 am
one more difference between the two is that the cameleon under storage is a bit bigger than the frog's. We bought the cameleon since we are both tall, and the adjustable handlebar was a must.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics