Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Should I have him checked out?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 10:55 am
I'm getting nervous. DS is 14 months. Always been a difficult eater but has been pretty bad lately. He's always tired even with 2 naps a day! He is constantly snuggling up to me, yawning and laying down. He has been having strange BM lately and cries a lot. He just seems so sad. I'm worried that there is something seriously wrong. Could I just be paranoid? Could he just be teething? I don't have any real evidence to tell my doctor to do extensive tests but I must admit I am really scared. Something is not right with my child. What do I tell the doctor if I do go? I don't want to look like a paranoid fool.

Classicookie

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 11:03 am
I cant hurt to talk to your dr ask for a blood test I know a baby who had mono without even relising it she was just always sleeping and ran low grade fevers often

Tamiri

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 11:07 am
A mother knows her child best. If you are feeling that something is off, by all means have him checked out and voice your concerns to a competant health professional. What do you have to lose?

ABC

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:50 pm
I second what tamiri said. trust your instincts and get him checked out. what can it hurt? it's your responsibility to be your child's spokesperson. no good doctor would have a problem with this. definitely trust your instincts.
b'hatzlacha

hadasa

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:54 pm
How long has this been going on? He might just be coming down with some run-of-the-mill virus.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:58 pm
always be cautious ... call the dr.

yersp

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 1:01 pm
Rather be safe than sorry! Like everyone else says: mother knows best! Good Luck!

drumjj

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 1:42 pm
I would definately have him checked out. I had a daughter that used to go yellow all the time and I took her to the doctor and she had lots of tests to check she was ok bh she was. but u know ur kid and if u feel something is off with her I would definately get it checked out

Ronit

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 2:23 pm
I will just repeat what e/o else said- Please have him checked out.
g-luck hope all is good...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics