Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
7 months DS not doing his nights

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 11:19 am
Hello everyone!
I read a post by another lady that was concerned about her DD not doing 12h of sleep per night as before.
My DS is nursed B'H' and till sleeps 3h in a row on average than wakes up to nurse than goes back to sleep. He goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 11pm 3 am 6 am and makes morning at 7am usually.

Some of the ladies who answered the post were saying that by 8 months a baby surely should sleep 8h. Which is not my case.
He eats cereals and is B'P'Y /B'H' over 90th percentile for height and weight

So what am I doing wrong? Or is it just the way it is with him.

Thank you for your advices.

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 3:20 pm
are you sure hes hungry? is he falling asleep with each feeding? maybe hes using it as comfort and needs help to break out of the cycle. OTOH my son is 7 months and wakes every 4 hours for a bottle and is really hungry for it.

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 9:31 pm
Pink bubble,

Thank you for your answer.
He does nurse nicely B'H' when he wakes up I mean he empties the supply B'H'. So it seems it is for food purpose more than comfort.
Maybe you have another idea?

Thank you

leomom

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 9:36 pm
Babies are all different. There will be many, many more ways in which your child will be different from the "textbook" child in the years to come, but the fact is there's a huge range of normal.

Relax and enjoy your baby! If he's healthy and happy and growing, you're doing a great job.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 9:43 pm
do you nurse on demand?
s
he may be emptying you out, but my daughter did this. I nursed her on demand, so she had multiple meals that were smaller in portion. in order to sleep train her I had to schedule her nursing and she was fine having fewer meals in larger quantity. she had no problem sleeping through the night once I scheduled her nursings. so your son may be eating less than he can per sitting. if you can try to space out your feedings a bit it might help.

if you are happy nursing him as you are, and you can handle night feedings, you may not want to bother changing your schedule.

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 10:15 am
Hello Everyone!

Thank you YY for your lovely words of encouragements.

As per the update since I wrote, he is sleeping a bit better B'H'
I've decided not to pick him up and make him nurse as suggested by a lovely mother, I just gave him his pacifier instead.
Well thanks to you all, our little Misterroo slept a grand total of 7h with one or two brakes in between ie pacifier "relocalisation" LOL

One night I forgot to take off his mittens and he slept 5h in a row! So since then we are leaving him the mits on Smile
Maybe it has nothing to do with his sleeping pattern but at least he is sleeping more and we wont take any chances by removing them !!!

Of course Hash.m has his own plan: Our DS is going to have his third round of vaccines tomorrow which means: often awake, not so happy baby so most probably bye bye little acquired sleep LOL
But it is fine, that too will pass Bz'H'.

Any suggestions to lessen the secondary effects of vaccination ie low grade fever, irritability, change in eating and sleeping patterns besides the famous tylenol/tempra before and every 4-6h after?

Thank you for you input and your great help.

Hope to read from you soon Very Happy

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 10:27 am
Aizer K'negdo in progress wrote:

Any suggestions to lessen the secondary effects of vaccination ie low grade fever, irritability, change in eating and sleeping patterns besides the famous tylenol/tempra before and every 4-6h after?

Put him down to nap earlier than you usually would? I find ds is much more tired the day of his shots...

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 11:06 am
AlwaysGrateful wrote:

Put him down to nap earlier than you usually would? I find ds is much more tired the day of his shots...

You are right, my DS too is always more tired on the day of the shots.
Question His shot is at 9h30am so are you suggesting that his afternoon nap would be earlier? Question

Thank you again:)

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:07 pm
My 9 month old baby eats TONS AND TONS of solids all day, and still wakes 2-3X a night. He comfort nurses at night.

I';m not bothering to sleep train him yet. He's still a baby! and he's so delicious and warm and soft at night, why should I be in a rush to end this wonderful stage which I can't know if I'll ever have again?

I don't even lose sleep, as we fall asleep together when he nurses. I find him in my bed 2 hours later with no memory of when I even took him out.

Theyre babies!!! I dont get the rush to nightwean babies. My 3 y.o. doesnt sleep through the night either, he just wakes to be covered/soothed and falls asleep again. I'll sleep through the night when I'll be fifty! iyh

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:29 pm
LOL, Mama Bear, you sound like me. Except I just moved my 10 month old out and he is rebelling. He cries all night and sleeps all day. I can't remember what life was like before last Thursday when I moved him out.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:51 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Theyre babies!!! I dont get the rush to nightwean babies.

I agree 100% with this sentiment.

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 8:44 pm
Very Happy thank you all for the replies!

I truly felt abnormal for liking to nurse!
Like Mama bear said, I don't even remember when I wake up to nurse!
I have become a "sleepwalker"Cz'V'S' LOL LOL LOL

So thank you and, as I have been doing from the beginning, ; I will continue play it by ear
as some leche advocate would say: VIVA LA NURSING!!!! LOL

Thank you again Tongue Out

amother

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 9:49 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Theyre babies!!! I dont get the rush to nightwean babies.

I agree 100% with this sentiment.

When I was a SAHM I agreed with this. Now that I'm not, I really really need my baby to sleep thru the night because I have to wake up early and go. If I could stay home again, I'd play by his rules and wouldnt mind if he woke up in middle of the night. But now, I'm looking to sleep train my 4 month old because I cant be so sleep deprived the whole day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics