Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Planning a Plane Trip for a Toddler

Nomad

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 12:13 pm
Dh and I want to go to Florida this summer...

We have a 18 mo ds and wonder - should we buy a seat for him too (he'll be about 21 months then)? Is it safer or does it pay because then we can bring his car seat and maybe he'll stay seated?

Also, what do people recommend as the best time of day to fly? its like a 3-4 hours flight - can kids sleep on the plane?

so basically - do you buy a seat for a toddler and what would be the best time to fly?

thanks!

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 12:51 pm
I personally dont think its worth it - unless if u have the money sitting around gathering dust Wink

even if u rent a car there - the car rental can provide one.....I went 13 hours to israel and ds was fine!!!!!

chavs

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 1:03 pm
We just came back form visiting my family overseas and we had a 2 hour flight each way. It was NOT fun! My advice is to bring lots of snack foods and drinks. Toys, books, colours and paper, you can get these great markers that only show up colours on a paper you buy with the marker, I think they are called magical markers. If you nurse, nurse your baby for take off and landing as this will help alleviate pressure in ears, if you dont nurse give a bottle, or a snack.

MiamiMommy

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 1:26 pm
A portable DVD player is a lifesaver!

Nomad

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 12:17 am
bump

is it worth buying a seat for him?

hmmmm?

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 1:14 am
If you're going to Florida in the summer, you might be lucky enough to get a not-so-full flight. (I'm guessing people don't go as much in the summer b/c of the heavy humidity - of course, I could be completely wrong!) If it's not so full, there's a good chance you'll be able to get an extra seat anyway. I wouldn't waste the $ on buying him a seat. Also you could try flying at a less popular hour to up the likelihood of a spare seat - and that would probably be nighttime/early am, which means he'll probably be really tired and sleep. I also recommend taking a lucky mix goody bag - lots of little exciting toys to entertain him if he's up - don't give them all at once though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics