Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Looking for tile design ideas

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 9:46 pm
I need to tile my "backsplash". The counters are granite, and there is about a foot and a half between the counter and the upper cabinet that needs to be covered. I picked out the cheap square tiles in 2 colors that match and I'm wondering if there is a website or something that I can look at ideas on designs to lay them out in to make it more interesting.
Any suggestions?

Strawberry

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 3:39 am
You can do diamond shapes (pointy side up) with or without a regular row (squares, flat side up) on top and bottom of the diamonds depending on how much room there is and how big the tiles are.

I would stick to one color in a backsplash. It is a small area.

Your dh can find out many options at work no?

HindaRochel

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 3:54 am
I would go to this site and play. Or print out a grid and color in with similar colors to the tiles you have already chosen.

tessellation

You would near a square tessellation or diamonds, but if you are daring you could try and cut the squares in half along the diagonal and end up with triangles.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 4:03 am
btw, don't fill in the square (small square of sixteen smaller squares; you can change the number of tiles in the pattern. THe number of tiles in each color that you have and total number of tiles will determine what you starter square should be))) evenly, but, for example, put three blue squares along the top, and then the next tile green. Then the second line put one blue, then two green, then one blue, next three green one blue, final one green, two blue, one green.

The pattern that will be made is seen to the left.

curlytop

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 10:47 am
I spent a lot of time researching our backsplash. I designed it myself, and my husband installed it. It came out gorgous BH. He wasn't too happy that every single tile had to be cut, over 300 tiles, but that was the design I wanted LOL
They were basically 4 inch tiles ( dont do bigger because its only 18 inches so you want to have a couple of tiles on each row)... with a 1 inch tile trim... we installed them on a slant... looks really nice.
How do you put a picture here? I would love to show it to you.

curlytop

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 11:01 am
OK I think I figured out how to upload the pictures. Let me know if you could see it

http://i733.photobucket.com/al.....1.jpg

Here is how it looks in the kitchen.

http://i733.photobucket.com/al.....7.jpg
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics